• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the weekly schedule thing end? It was probably a lot of work putting it together each week.

Here are my vintage Florsheim Saddles. I wore these last week when I traveled and they are comfortable, but they look a little dinged from banging my shoes under the airplane seat in front of me or rushing to catch an uber. I think they need a good conditioning and light polish. I do really love Saddle Shoes of all designs and color schemes.

IMG_0183.jpg IMG_0184.jpg

According to the vcleat guide, these are most likely from 1973.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw these before on Etsy. I decided to use a beat up pair of 92604 that I got for cheap, and use them as a Father's Day craft for my kids.

I slathered shoo goo in the areas I wanted beads, and my kids sprinkled the beads. The shoes are currently getting new soles, so pics coming soon.

It's not for everyone, but nice to be creative. I sincerely doubt they are going to be a trend setter.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Chris Barrett in Florida is rebuilding 2 pairs for me, one of them is the beaded Florsheim:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the weekly schedule thing end? It was probably a lot of work putting it together each week.

Here are my vintage Florsheim Saddles. I wore these last week when I traveled and they are comfortable, but they look a little dinged from banging my shoes under the airplane seat in front of me or rushing to catch an uber. I think they need a good conditioning and light polish. I do really love Saddle Shoes of all designs and color schemes.

View attachment 1274569 View attachment 1274570

According to the vcleat guide, these are most likely from 1973.

I haven't done a shoe schedule in a while. Only a few people joined in, and when I stopped, nobody complained.

I am happy to take it up again. I found it fun to be creative.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keith Highlanders today...
96FDB119-CBFE-43D8-AEA9-34E09A2B0249.jpeg
9040C06E-F057-44F2-8DFC-CC757257900C.jpeg
6CA27FCF-CD85-4F65-AD10-CF19D3C5F5CD.jpeg

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very special shoutout to @AHS We made a deal for some shoes that were listed on ebay and he sent them on Tuesday and I got them already today! AND they are fantastic!

These are probably the nicest shoes I own! I love them! I need to replace one shoe lace. The right foot of the burnished tan will tighten up. I couldn't lace them. These are REALLY NICE!

IMG_0185.jpg IMG_0186.jpg IMG_0187.jpg IMG_0188.jpg IMG_0189.jpg

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, all Canadian made Florsheim were made by John McHale. I could be wrong.

@Jiqea ? JM made all Florsheim labels in Canada?

I do agree that the design is totally Dacks or Hartt. I love this style. Versatile and simple. But classic.
Definitely made by John McHale in London, Ontario. @Paul902 has a lovely pair of London made Imperials in bison listed right now. Never laced.

View attachment 1274566
View attachment 1274567

Thank you both. Good information to know.

That makes 2 pairs of Florsheims made by John McHale in my collection. :)

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't done a shoe schedule in a while. Only a few people joined in, and when I stopped, nobody complained.

I am happy to take it up again. I found it fun to be creative.

I've actually thought about it a few times, wondering if you would do it again.

A while back I sort of did my own thing that I shared here. Easy stuff like "black shoe week" and "LWB week" (different LWB every day), etc.

I liked the thought and creativity you put into your shoe schedules, but honestly some of the days got pretty specific and I just found it hard to participate except for a few select days where I happened to have something that fit the theme. Granted, this was a while ago and my collection has expanded significantly since then. Perhaps it would be easier now. ;)

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've actually thought about it a few times, wondering if you would do it again.

A while back I sort of did my own thing that I shared here. Easy stuff like "black shoe week" and "LWB week" (different LWB every day), etc.

I liked the thought and creativity you put into your shoe schedules, but honestly some of the days got pretty specific and I just found it hard to participate except for a few select days where I happened to have something that fit the theme. Granted, this was a while ago and my collection has expanded significantly since then. Perhaps it would be easier now. ;)

I liked it too. But, I also agree there were times I couldn't participate in the actual category on a specific day but I had something I thought the group would like. I usually posted anyway. It was fun especially if it was something I didn't know much about.

If we do it again, I have a few suggestions. There is one shoe company that I really like and I think it doesn't get the love it should. Footjoy. Of course, they make excellent golf shoes. But, for decades they made really quality handmade dress shoes. They make very few styles anymore. But, in the 50's all up the way up the 80's (and even early 90's) they made some really great shoes and they were made in the USA. So, how about a Footjoy day.

I think we had an exotic day but it is still cool to see what everybody has. A day dedicated to the best deal you ever got on a pair -- like here are the shell cordovan LWB I found at Goodwill for $8 or something like that.

Favorite dress shoes that are not Brown, Black or Cordovan. (That would be a tough one)

Shoes your spouse doesn't know you bought.

Shoes that are older than the wearer?

Most comfortable dress shoes?

I just realized I am not very creative. The real lists were so much more creative.

Favorite shoes that you know others might not love?

Shoes made somewhere other than USA, Canada, Italy, Spain or China.

I think we had shoes to wear on a date. How about shoes to wear when applying for a loan? Or for the non-lawyers, shoes to wear to Court.

The shoes you have had the longest (not the oldest pair, but the pair that have been yours the longest).

Shoes your Dad would wear?

Boot day!

Western Boot day (this will give me an excuse to wear my boots)

Pimp shoes?

Two Tone Shoes

All Saddle shoes day

Spectators

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads