• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the 5137 was used for the Concord in black (genuine) sharkskin in '90 and '91, but not in '89 nor '92 (at all or in sharkskin). Looks like the concord itself was discontinued by 1996.

actionjbone

Reaction score
Where do you guys get sanding cloths?

I checked my local auto parts store, they don't carry any. I checked Amazon, I can't find such fine grit.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Where do you guys get sanding cloths?

I checked my local auto parts store, they don't carry any. I checked Amazon, I can't find such fine grit.

Not sure where you are located but I got mine at a local Advance Auto Parts, which I think may be a semi-regional chain.

This is the one I got --- it's a couple bucks cheaper on Amazon.

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
Do Aussie sizes run 1 size down relative to US sizes?

I wanted to buy a pair of RM Williams boots, and was told to go one size down from US sizing.

RMW do UK sizing, so yes you would definitely want to go down a size from your US size. They seemingly tend to be sized on the generous side, in my experience.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love my shark concords.

If they fit, I'd send those bad boys off for a double leather (or something like v-tread) resole and never worry about the conditions. They are definitely a well made shoe and interesting leather. If anyone is looking for a pair in 9 D message me and I'll send them at cost + split shipping (to US).

actionjbone

Reaction score
Was supposed to rain all day, so I went for some vintage MiEngland Docs.

And then the sun came out.

IMG_20191009_114642400_HDR-01.jpeg

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These 1957 Florsheim Imperial 35602 Alligator Norwegians have come to live with me, by way of Jiqea!

With flash...

View attachment 1255737

...and without.

View attachment 1255739

And a couple more shots:

View attachment 1255743

View attachment 1255744
Those are awesome. I just got some Saphir Reptan for my alligators and sharkskins. It works wonders. Did you have problems with them being dry? There's a pair of alligator Florsheim Norwegians on ebay in my size. The seller has had them listed for more than a year at a ridiculous price. I'm thinking of making an offer at a much lower price in a PM. You are inspiring me.

lbgradwell

Reaction score
Those are awesome. I just got some Saphir Reptan for my alligators and sharkskins. It works wonders. Did you have problems with them being dry? There's a pair of alligator Florsheim Norwegians on ebay in my size. The seller has had them listed for more than a year at a ridiculous price. I'm thinking of making an offer at a much lower price in a PM. You are inspiring me.

No, mine have lived a pretty easy life and seem to have been very well cared for. The hide is soft and supple with no damage, but I may give the linings a sip of neatsfoot.
I watched a Kirby Allison video and he recommended the Reptan for alligator. Another video said mink oil! I'll have to get some Reptan, but it's not pressing and the shoes will continue to live their pampered lives.
This pair was also once on eBay for (what I consider) far too high a price. Jim made an offer that was accepted, so perhaps yours will be too. Be sure to report and post!

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, mine have lived a pretty easy life and seem to have been very well cared for. The hide is soft and supple with no damage, but I may give the linings a sip of neatsfoot.
I watched a Kirby Allison video and he recommended the Reptan for alligator. Another video said mink oil! I'll have to get some Reptan, but it's not pressing and the shoes will continue to live their pampered lives.
This pair was also once on eBay for (what I consider) far too high a price. Jim made an offer that was accepted, so perhaps yours will be too. Be sure to report and post!
I gave them a big drink of Reptan a few days before I shipped them. I am so pleased that they fit well and look so great!

lbgradwell

Reaction score
I gave them a big drink of Reptan a few days before I shipped them. I am so pleased that they fit well and look so great!

Aha! Then I guess that's why the hide feels perfect!

This afternoon was the first time I've worn them. I wore them to go to Value Village. Haha! It's important to look good when thrifting.

To be honest, they're a tad tight, but I'm confident a few wearings will mold them to my feet better. :cheers:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads