• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raimar

Reaction score
He was amazing. Forgive the non vintage shoe related post, but I have to say that Lionel is 70 and he brought the house down. Dude has a million hits. My monther in law loved him. We took her. I’ve never seen her that happy.

Did he sing "Good Morning"?

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel I owe the thread an apology. I was at my younger cousins wedding tonight and my uncle complimented my shoes. I looked down at what he was wearing...woven vamp kiltie tassle loafers. They were the king of all loafers and I failed to obtain a picture. My Aunt said she bought them for him in Italy.
I was wearing the Dacks spectators. No tassles or weaving or kilts.
The dog was also annoyed with my lack of documentation.
Nice frenchie. I have the white and brown version. With his elk antler, lol.

Attachments

• 20190817_222501~2.jpg
    20190817_222501~2.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 31

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoonoob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice frenchie. I have the white and brown version. With his elk antler, lol.
My Frenchie is a complete dick. He bullies my Shiba all day long and steals any and all toys or treats. I once bought five antlers and placed them all in different rooms so they could both have them and be separated. Frenchie immediately gathered them all into one place and "guarded" four of them while only chewing one. Luckily neither dog has ever been interested in shoes.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
My Frenchie is a complete dick.

You haven't met my standard poodle. Yah, he looks cute with the poofy hair but he does not F around. I am about 97% sure he will bite my nasty neighbor if he ever gets the opportunity. Perceptive dog. :) He's amazing with the family and in the house though and no resource guarding, etc.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
@Oshare
@CWOyaji
edit: and @eTrojan

edit: the below is regarding the wright 396 & bostonian 23314, to be more clear.

I found some discussion between you guys early this year about a your shell shortwings (bostonian and et wright, which seem to be perhaps the same or very similar). I know there is more variation in vintage shoes but can you guys help me out a bit with fitment relative to either Florsheim, Nettleton, or something modern? The ones I found are in my brannock size but since they are balmorals and I have a high instep, I am worried that they may be too small.

thank you, Gentlemen... and enjoy the remainder of your Sunday - not TOO much left for Oshare, I guess. :)

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hit a pretty decent estate sale for shoes recently. Three pairs from the 1960s by Lee Kee. View attachment 1229647 View attachment 1229648 View attachment 1229649
Deadstock 1980s French Shriners
View attachment 1229650
Deadstock 90s Johnston & Murphy
View attachment 1229651

Holy smoly!

I have never seen Lee Kee in person. Only read about them online and heard legends.

Are they your size? Give us break down of quality Vs Florsheim Imperial of the era. This is pure awesome.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Oshare
@CWOyaji
edit: and @eTrojan

edit: the below is regarding the wright 396 & bostonian 23314, to be more clear.

I found some discussion between you guys early this year about a your shell shortwings (bostonian and et wright, which seem to be perhaps the same or very similar). I know there is more variation in vintage shoes but can you guys help me out a bit with fitment relative to either Florsheim, Nettleton, or something modern? The ones I found are in my brannock size but since they are balmorals and I have a high instep, I am worried that they may be too small.

thank you, Gentlemen... and enjoy the remainder of your Sunday - not TOO much left for Oshare, I guess. :)

My Brannock size is 8.5eee, and majority of the time, I fit into that TTS without issue.

Sometimes I go to 9eee - AE being the obvious brand given their different lasts.

I have a pair of the ET Wright, arch preservers, in the burgundy short wing. Size is 9eee. The toe box is ridiculously roomy and wide (relative to my Hanover or Florsheim 9eee of same era).

I slip in half insole, and then they fit like a glove. I will wear my pair this week.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage violation: AE Bartlett for church today.
E2FAACAA-9F15-47E0-B4E4-DE2EAA97F870.jpeg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Cheers, thank you sir. So sounds TTSish... Yours are also the bal short wings, I take it? The wright shortwings look like they may be on a different last than the longwings.

mormonopoly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy smoly!

I have never seen Lee Kee in person. Only read about them online and heard legends.

Are they your size? Give us break down of quality Vs Florsheim Imperial of the era. This is pure awesome.

They're quite well made, but not mind blowing. I would say they're about equal to 1950s-early 1960s Florsheim blue labels, which i consider to be quite nice.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're quite well made, but not mind blowing. I would say they're about equal to 1950s-early 1960s Florsheim blue labels, which i consider to be quite nice.
And size...?

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You haven't met my standard poodle. Yah, he looks cute with the poofy hair but he does not F around. I am about 97% sure he will bite my nasty neighbor if he ever gets the opportunity. Perceptive dog. :) He's amazing with the family and in the house though and no resource guarding, etc.
13 year old Labradoodle / Portuguese Waterdog has the deepest bark of any dog I've ever heard. Looks all soft and fluffy, but doesn't mess around. Good judge of character too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads