• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I continue to look for a 11.5 D Hanover LB Sheppard 2312. Never seen one in 5 years.

What shoes are you guys looking for?

hanover70-14.jpg
- another pair of 93605s with shell in better condition than the ones I have
- AE Cambridge
- unique vintage non-LWBs (is it blasphemy to say I have enough LWBs?)

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I clearly need to thrift in the Rockefeller neighborhood, too. Best I ever found was a heavily worn black AE Grayson and a fire engine red pair of Mezlan monk straps.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was kinda thinking eyelets also. They have them on the inside, so I wonder how much more they'd spread, but no probably not worth tempting fate...
Don't spread shell. You can work the backup eyelets out, just crush them with pliers' work carefully, and re punch the holes. They sell kits on amazon and ebay that have all the tools and more eyelets than this entire board would ever need in a lifetime for @ $10. Get the ones with backup rings and solid brass . 4mm is about right. I've done this dozens of times.

Shoonoob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I continue to look for a 11.5 D Hanover LB Sheppard 2312. Never seen one in 5 years.

What shoes are you guys looking for?

hanover70-14.jpg
A winning lottery ticket
I know you're all high buck attorneys and businessmen, but some of us grub for a living. My job is closer to something you'd see on that Mike Rowe TV show "Dirty Jobs," and thus I usually wear boots to work. Now these are not vintage, and they're made by the ChiComs, but they have proved to be good boots. Sears and Roebuck Die Hard chukkas, $80. Pro tip: there is also an identical looking oxford, equally good. View attachment 1228037
Certainly not all of us. I was in a room with fancy lawyers, I have a drunken Bachelor's degree from a shoddy state university. WIU - Where Idiots Unite

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was kinda thinking eyelets also. They have them on the inside, so I wonder how much more they'd spread, but no probably not worth tempting fate...

Cobblers on Facebook vintage shoe thread say that eyelets on top should help. Yeah, I dunno either...

Going forward, will condition shell each time before I wear them

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there supposed to be a comma in there?
No, but I think the post would have benefited from having a period at the end of it. And I'm reminded of a great book I once read on the subject of the mayhem that can ensue when commas are misplaced. So I'm economical in my use of commas.
Eats-Shoots-Leaves-462x675.jpg

Last edited:

Shoonoob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, but I think the post would have benefited from having a period at the end of it. And I'm reminded of a great book I once read on the subject of the mayhem that can occur when commas are misplaced. So I'm economical in my use of commas.
View attachment 1228370
ee cummings was my favorite as a kid because of the disdain for proper punctuation so I do not worry much about run on sentences and such especially when typing on my phone.

Casadepapel

Reaction score
Hello, I am a first time poster in this forum after it being recommended to me by someone in a similar community. I recently purchased a pair of Ferragamo loafers and was wondering what year they were from as well as the model and if possible, the value. I came across a listing online that claimed they were from the 60’s, but other than that, not else was mentioned. I would appreciate any help and thank you in advance.

The shoes:
The numbers inside:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads