• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I continue to look for a 11.5 D Hanover LB Sheppard 2312. Never seen one in 5 years.

What shoes are you guys looking for?

hanover70-14.jpg
I'd like a PTB or derby in (a) lizard or one of the exotics like seal or buffalo that Dacks seem strong in - size 11 or 11.5 C or D

The elusive Florsheim Concord

Something exotic - shark, alligator, elephant etc

Anything in shell

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I continue to look for a 11.5 D Hanover LB Sheppard 2312. Never seen one in 5 years.

What shoes are you guys looking for?

hanover70-14.jpg
A pair of brown AE MacGregor’s, a pair of NOS or low-wear (original short-wing oxford) AE Boulevard’s, a pair of 60’s or 70’s Florsheim Penfield’s (before they cheaped-out on the linings) and any French Shriner & Urner shoes in my size (gotta have that Urner name on them).

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Park Avenue is for boring corporate finance guys and lawyers.

Fifth Avenue is for sexy advertising types and sales guys. Too much bling for finance and law.

Teaching a class today. Normally I dress conservative with black cap toes. But then I read this stream starting with @eTrojan ’s revelation.

So I decided I would buck the trend. Lead the charge, so to speak.

What better way than to be a leader to the lawyers of tomorrow by wearing vintage Florsheim in shell?

One of my three pairs of 93605 got the unusual call for this assignment. These have new rubber heels and topy.

Keep up the banter, gents. Personally, I like both Park Ave and Fifth Ave. If I get hit by a Pontiac Aztec, I am sure I (or executor of my estate) can access a decent personal injury lawyer.

Attachments

• 5426AF8A-5AC4-4160-AEDA-4E0830ABEBD0.jpeg
    5426AF8A-5AC4-4160-AEDA-4E0830ABEBD0.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 063C3B20-B526-4FCF-8A6D-69811CAE36B1.jpeg
    063C3B20-B526-4FCF-8A6D-69811CAE36B1.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 22

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot to snap a photo of my 93602s yesterday on Wingtip Wednesday. :(

But today I wore my pair of vintage Church's cap toes.
Conservative day... except for the red socks. And pink shirt.

20190822-01.jpg

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Calling @davidVC -- A pretty interesting NOS pair of Florsheims early 50s S1427 has popped up on Yahoo Japan's auction site. Pretty amazing to look at. Too bad the asking price is almost $700. I see you had found a pair in March 2018, but it had a rip in the heel. Need another one?

View attachment 1225906 View attachment 1225907 View attachment 1225908 View attachment 1225909 View attachment 1225910 View attachment 1225911

Whoa. Someone bought these with BIN.

Rich collector.

happypebble

Reaction score
I know you're all high buck attorneys and businessmen, but some of us grub for a living. My job is closer to something you'd see on that Mike Rowe TV show "Dirty Jobs," and thus I usually wear boots to work. Now these are not vintage, and they're made by the ChiComs, but they have proved to be good boots. Sears and Roebuck Die Hard chukkas, $80. Pro tip: there is also an identical looking oxford, equally good. 20190822_055342.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know you're all high buck attorneys and businessmen, but some of us grub for a living. My job is closer to something you'd see on that Mike Rowe TV show "Dirty Jobs," and thus I usually wear boots to work. Now these are not vintage, and they're made by the ChiComs, but they have proved to be good boots. Sears and Roebuck Die Hard chukkas, $80. Pro tip: there is also an identical looking oxford, equally good. View attachment 1228037
Not all of us...

Not sure what high buck means. I am a public defender.

But anyone can wear nice shoes. My dad was an autoworker and wore work boots everyday. But he had some great vintage Florsheims, a few Bally’s...

Any person can appreciate well made footwear.

happypebble

Reaction score
By the way those Sears boots have held up great under difficult conditions. They are comfortable enough that I'm tempted to get a second pair for outside of work. "High buck" is anyone making more than me, which is most people.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics