• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

happypebble

Reaction score
Head cheese, for me, is akin to tongue. When I was about 8 years old and realized what my parents were packing me for a lunch sandwich at school...yah, that was the last time I ever had tongue in my lifetime. I'm really not at all a selective eater but I cant handle head cheese.

That said, I am truly happy that I've inspired your lunch selection today!
Oh, I love beef tongue. My Cub Scout den mother introduced my scout pack to it when we were...maybe 9 years old. Delish.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeeeeeaaaahhhh....I'm not ready to take things to that Gene Roddenberry next level. Grab as many leather shoes as you can before some vegan tries to guilt trip you out of them. Smile when you look inside that Hanover and it says "ALL LEATHER SHOE"

I do not give in to the guilt trip. I live in California,
[/QUOTE]
I do not give in to the guilt trip.

Funny story. Pork rinds are nothing compared to head cheese.

In my neck if the woods nobody likes talking to each other at the check out line. Ain't nobody got time for that...
[/QUOTE]
Virtue signaling is an almost sure sign of someone who is deeply troubled.
Don't be fooled by the hype I live in probably one if not the most cliched California city ...
Uhhhhh ohhhh. What if one THINKS such things but is too polite for them to be spoken?
I do not give in to the guilt trip.
Just to be clear, it’s not what you think that is at issue, ...
I wasnt being that serious with my answer.

I throw a flag on my own post. My apologies to the thread. I intended my remark to be an amusing anecdote and responses went far afield from the purpose of the thread. I should have known better. End of discussion. Now, back to the shoes. In atonement I can only offer up today's non-vintage shoe Appreciation.

happypebble

Reaction score
So I suppose I might put this on the Allen Edmonds thread, but I'm really lazy so I'll just stick it here: AE Park Avenue vs. Fifth Avenue. One better than another? I don't see a huge amount of difference from photos.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I suppose I might put this on the Allen Edmonds thread, but I'm really lazy so I'll just stick it here: AE Park Avenue vs. Fifth Avenue. One better than another? I don't see a huge amount of difference from photos.
They’re both built on the 65 (Boulevard) last, and they’re quite similar. The Fifth Ave pre-dates the current Park Avenue, and the black Fifth Ave, 5705 is the longest continuously produced model in AE history, dating back to at least 1956 (the oldest available catalog).

The only significant difference is the brogued cap. That said, I prefer the Fifth Ave myself, and I think pre-86 models, with the 7 eyelet lacing are particularly neat.

And since we’re talking about Fifth Ave’s, here’s some shoe Appreciation of a favorite pair of mine in “Antique Burgundy” (5785) from 1987:

K5JIjcV.jpg

6xSBVp9.jpg

gbkrmq0.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not much difference. Cap toe versus perfed captoe.

79412125-15EA-4C0F-8655-7778E4ECC8D8.jpeg
F2CCB42F-53BB-4384-BEC8-D38452732210.jpeg

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any you guys know what material the heel cups are made of? I have a 93605 that feels like the heel cup was stretched out from a previous owner. I'm wondering if it would be possible to use some heat (blow-dryer) to reshape it back towards original.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Park Avenue is for boring corporate finance guys and lawyers.

Fifth Avenue is for sexy advertising types and sales guys. Too much bling for finance and law.

Shoonoob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Park Avenue is for boring corporate finance guys and lawyers.

Fifth Avenue is for sexy advertising types and sales guys. Too much bling for finance and law.
Ha. I was just at a hearing with a bunch of high dollar lawyers...one for sure from Hahhhhvard. I was wearing brown shell Park Aves and he was wearing walnut Strands. I am not usually the boring guy. I wore the Park Aves thinking it the appropriate shoe for the occasion. At least no one in the room had gym shoes on with their suits.
I prefer FA over PA style wise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads