• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to cleaning up the shell Weyenbergs from a few weeks back. I think they turned out nicely.
1BB5648D-DA9C-4545-9586-CFE3D40836F9.jpeg
65AB6A8F-C831-49CE-A1D0-4C35E96A75D0.jpeg
63064C70-492A-4D0C-B7E4-6938A192E04F.jpeg

Still a bit of black polish hanging around, but I’d wear these out at this point.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was his check list?

Main photo of an unrelated interior? Check.
Second photo, an unrelated interior? Check.
Photos of product dark, blurred or strange angle? Check.

Aw, I missed it.

I clicked on the link when I woke up this morning, and just saw some badly taken photos of black Nordstrom labeled shoes... nothing hugely weird.

I guess the seller sobered up, realized what he'd done, and deleted the irrelevant photos. :(

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand your position, but the world now will accept even sneakers with a suit. I would far rather see a nice chukka, especially made of shell, than a silly pair of sneakers.

View attachment 1225518

Lots of office workers in Tokyo often wear what are basically black sneakers with suits all the time. I've even seen a guy wearing Crocs with a suit.

I think I can get away with AE shell chukkas. ;)

actionjbone

Reaction score
Lots of office workers in Tokyo often wear what are basically black sneakers with suits all the time. I've even seen a guy wearing Crocs with a suit.

I think I can get away with AE shell chukkas. ;)
I've worn Tevas with a suit.

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice!

Some cat had a pair of vintage gripfast boots in His cart at the bins. He let me take a look. Sumbitch. Super clean with period screws in the heels for that punk V cleat vibe.

Came back from my Saturday morning thrift run to find some strange goings-on in the thread. Spam, sneakers with suits, it's all good. So I'll post these LNWOT thrifted Dr. Martens for personal that aren't vintage, aren't dress and don't have the quality of the MI England Dr. Martens of yore, but will fit the bill for now. My old MI England pair were a little tight on me and gathered dust, so my wife took the liberty of donating them without asking first. I forgave her. [EDIT] Whoa, they're trendy again. Who'da thunkit?
View attachment 1225549

Oh, and the AE Leeds found a new home, it's in France.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
93602s today. Enjoy the weekend.

C16E8F68-A698-4E52-9E9A-992E3313BA35.jpeg
210A1220-1A47-4092-9D4A-84D620E8DF81.jpeg

Last edited:

happypebble

Reaction score
So what's the best thrift store find you've ever unearthed? It would make my day to find something really good, but all my local thrift stores ever have is Cole Haan, Aldo, Rockport, Kenneth Cole etc, All in a condition that makes you wonder why the owner bothered to donate them instead of trashing them.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what's the best thrift store find you've ever unearthed? It would make my day to find something really good, but all my local thrift stores ever have is Cole Haan, Aldo, Rockport, Kenneth Cole etc, All in a condition that makes you wonder why the owner bothered to donate them instead of trashing them.
I can tell you that @CWOyaji ’s worst find is better than most of our best finds.

mph57

Reaction score
My wife and I started thrifting around May of 2018. We live between two large metro areas in close proximity, so we swing by eight or so stores every two weeks. We initially started just looking for my size, but then we decided to give it a go and try to refurbish and sell other shoes that weren't my size. Vintage-wise, we've found Florsheim 92604s, 93602s, Bostonian Crown Windsor, Hanover LB Sheppard, Nettleton, ET Wright, Footjoy, Executive Imperial, Freeman, French Shriner, Mason, Weyenberg, and others. We've also come across our fair share of newer Allen Edmonds and a few Aldens. We've bought them from $4.99 to $12.99. However what we've found is that vintage doesn't really sell in our area...this summer we finally decided to take a pass on vintage shoes, unless they're in my size : ) We had accumulated 20 or so vintage pairs and finally just started donating them away. I still have 7 vintage LWBs sitting in our spare bedroom that no one in our area seems to want. I gave my barber a pair of really nice 92604s a few weeks ago and he asked if they were comparable in quality to Stacy Adams. Interestingly, what consistently sells for us is those non-vintage Allen Edmonds and gently used Cole Haans...go figure!

Shoonoob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife and I started thrifting around May of 2018. We live between two large metro areas in close proximity, so we swing by eight or so stores every two weeks. We initially started just looking for my size, but then we decided to give it a go and try to refurbish and sell other shoes that weren't my size. Vintage-wise, we've found Florsheim 92604s, 93602s, Bostonian Crown Windsor, Hanover LB Sheppard, Nettleton, ET Wright, Footjoy, Executive Imperial, Freeman, French Shriner, Mason, Weyenberg, and others. We've also come across our fair share of newer Allen Edmonds and a few Aldens. We've bought them from $4.99 to $12.99. However what we've found is that vintage doesn't really sell in our area...this summer we finally decided to take a pass on vintage shoes, unless they're in my size : ) We had accumulated 20 or so vintage pairs and finally just started donating them away. I still have 7 vintage LWBs sitting in our spare bedroom that no one in our area seems to want. I gave my barber a pair of really nice 92604s a few weeks ago and he asked if they were comparable in quality to Stacy Adams. Interestingly, what consistently sells for us is those non-vintage Allen Edmonds and gently used Cole Haans...go figure!
Sell em on the In-ter-webz

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads