• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only problem is that they keep mis-spelling “color”...
:hide:
I say we all meet up for breakfast at Tim Hortons with our vintage Canadian-made shoes. Get on board, @CWOyaji...

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^All tongue in cheek, my friends. For what it’s worth I am of French Canadian descent myself and my sister and her family have lived in Oakville ON for more than twenty years and love it there.

Oakville??? I lived there during my youth! We’re basically family. And I dated a French Canadian girl in university. We are definitely family then.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say we all meet up for breakfast at Tim Hortons with our vintage Canadian-made shoes. Get on board, @CWOyaji...
I don’t have any Canadian made shoes. I do have this in my size though, Made in Canada:
1B3EE893-ED2E-4B14-A4C4-D3C2685D3F0D.jpeg
6363CBA4-DA82-4CFE-A3A3-0DE5050293A4.jpeg

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Month trial concluded today. Crown (prosecutors) finally conceded our application which ended the trial.

I will do the shoe scheduling again. Unless someone vigorously objects to it.

I wore my calf leather toe
cap Dacks for the finale.

5A0378EE-7D19-4E01-83F8-210D01EB494B.jpeg

97381143-AB94-47CE-8737-6759D522A74A.jpeg

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Month trial concluded today. Crown (prosecutors) finally conceded our application which ended the trial.

View attachment 1105141

View attachment 1105142
Don’t object but maybe a theme for each week would be easier for you than coming up with one daily.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last of my pre-retirement shoe buying binge arrived today. From now on one has to go if a new is coming in (we will see). These popped up on Ebay with a very reasonable buy-it-now price, listed by a non-shoe vendor. They are S.E. Dacks, which was Dacks highest quality grade. It is very rare to find a pair of S.E Dacks, perhaps one out of several hundred or even more. They are whole cuts made from the best grade Water Buffalo, fully lined, red tagged, seven nailed, 360 Goodyear welted, 360 hand stitched, bespoke, hand benched beauties. They were listed as being a size 7, however when I opened the box i was pleased to find that they were actually 495's!! I can wear a 595, so I might stretch these a little, or just leave them alone, as I was only going to fondle them if they had actually been size 7. My first pair of S.E. Dacks. To quote Ric Flair, "Woooo!".

View attachment 1104842

View attachment 1104843

View attachment 1104844

I have never seen SE Dacks before. Wow. The new thing I learned today!

Last edited:

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the Canada love on the last two pages is superb. You guys are awesome!

The significant representation of Canadians on this thread brings a whole new exposure to vintage Canadian footwear. It’s interesting to me how many Canadian products never make it down to the US and if not for this community I would know nothing about the amazing shoes and their tendency to be so heavy duty in construction and materials. Truly Gunboats! Also my interactions with people north of the border are rare so it’s another thing that’s cool about this forum,underground sidewalks,the sartorial state of the legal profession and the existence of John McHale!

I really like the writing in your last sentence. If you wrote a novel I'd read it. And if I ever get down south to Milwaukee I'm coming for a haircut, eh!

The only problem is that they keep mis-spelling “color”...
:hide:

Do we, neighbour? ;)

View attachment 1105141

View attachment 1105142

Dack's FTW!!!

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hess Scotch Grain PTB for an in the office Friday.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190111092630948_COVER.jpg

Lmrjfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I clicked on your link for the spectators David but unfortunately they had been sold. Thankfully though Ebay had "found something similar" for me.

View attachment 1105229

Change out the laces and those will look great!

Do those come in a EEE width?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Jiqea I have seen a number of Dack's pairs with 1984/150th anniversary stamp on the heel pad. Were all those pairs made in 1984 or did they use that stamp in multiple years?

This is a good observation and question, as the anniversary label is clearly over represented if it was only used in 1984. Well back in the Dacks Thread this issue was discussed by two very knowledgeable Forum members, @daxman and @COLONEL77 (both former employees, and one the son of a minority owner). I believe it was @COLONEL77 who mentioned the anniversary sock liner was used from late 1983 to circa 1988.

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next week's shoe schedule (modified with @CWOyaji 's suggestion in play):

The Florsheim family has been surreptitiously following this thread. They are intrigued about bringing back a small run of US and Canadian made models to test the current market.

They have convened our group to show them 5 days of Florsheim models that we think deserve to be revived. In those 5 days, we have to sell, grovel, and bring back memories.

You boys know what to do. Let's make it one for the books.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads