• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Florsheim NST day 2
20230605_084725.jpg
20230605_084729.jpg

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, historical Allen Edmonds catalogs are no longer accessible on Issuu.com. They recently updated their storage policies, and without a paid account you're limited to 5 publications. So apparently, AE hasn't spent any marketing dollars on the library of legacy catalogs.

They need a librarian to go in and update their title taxonomy anyway, so it would be easier to sort by year. It has been randomly titled for years.

Kind of annoying on both fronts. It will be much harder to date AE shoes without the library available publicly.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mid-1980s AE St Denis. These are back benchers in my collection, but good for warm weather.
IMG_3782.jpeg
IMG_3783.jpeg

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Florsheim Imperial NSTs today. Date code is CH, so I presume that these are from 1967. It looks like they need a polish.
20230605_182600.jpg

My most recent project was this Technos Sky Light, probably also from the '60s. It arrived without a bracelet, the hands were loose in the case, and the movement was gummed up terribly. The dial was also bent. It is sadly a poorly refinished dial so I didn't put much time into straightening it perfectly. I had this beads of rice bracelet in my giant box 'o bracelets and straps that I've been wanting to use and the Technos is a great match. All in all it's a good looking watch for the $42.50 I paid.
20230605_182631.jpg

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a new pair (to me). I just got these. They are Dack’s “water Buffalo”. I don’t know that much about Dacks, but I think these may be a special pair. Apparently Dacks had different levels of shoes. These are specifically marked “Bespoke” and “Hand Benched.” I presume that means these are from the handmade line — although I don’t know that for sure. Either way, I always appreciate sturdy LWB especially made in an interesting leather. The cat’s paw heel is a nice touch especially compared with a slippery vcleat.

I think a few of our members from the North have expertise in Dacks.
IMG_9151.jpeg
IMG_9152.jpeg
IMG_9153.jpeg

memoriastoica

Reaction score
Here is a new pair (to me). I just got these. They are Dack’s “water Buffalo”. I don’t know that much about Dacks, but I think these may be a special pair. Apparently Dacks had different levels of shoes. These are specifically marked “Bespoke” and “Hand Benched.” I presume that means these are from the handmade line — although I don’t know that for sure. Either way, I always appreciate sturdy LWB especially made in an interesting leather. The cat’s paw heel is a nice touch especially compared with a slippery vcleat.

I think a few of our members from the North have expertise in Dacks.
View attachment 1970077 View attachment 1970079 View attachment 1970081
These are great!

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, historical Allen Edmonds catalogs are no longer accessible on Issuu.com. They recently updated their storage policies, and without a paid account you're limited to 5 publications. So apparently, AE hasn't spent any marketing dollars on the library of legacy catalogs.

They need a librarian to go in and update their title taxonomy anyway, so it would be easier to sort by year. It has been randomly titled for years.

Kind of annoying on both fronts. It will be much harder to date AE shoes without the library available publicly.
Definitely DO NOT DO THIS: DO NOT find an issuu downloader and save them all because these downloaders bypass restrictions. Definitely don't do that.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE shell Graysons for tassel Tuesday (aka plain toe Tuesday)
IMG_3784.jpeg
IMG_3785.jpeg

Satoman1

Reaction score
So this pair came today. Nice 5-60s looking shoes but I still cant find anything about maker but this youtube video, seems like it's a small shoes shop in US

View attachment 1917123

Finally got time to work on this pair. It took a ton of renomat to remove all of the brown/burgundy wax on the top until they finally revealed their original red color. Condition them with Saphir cream and polish with Saphir wax and Mirror Gloss. The results are pretty good.
IMG_07062023-154322.png

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads