• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9 1/2 E bros, these Aldens need a resole in the worst way and the shipping should be cheaper, but the price is right and if they were my size I think they'd be worth investing in. Auction ending tomorrow morning, not my listing.
8ADCDE7E-187B-4FDC-AC8F-C829A80A06FA.jpeg

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Early 1990s suede AE Chester.
112FF1D6-C154-439E-9AF0-6E9224CBF13A.jpeg
49D635B8-9050-411C-9E1B-4525D62F9064.jpeg

happypebble

Reaction score
Welcome to the CORFAM family!! Perfect shoes for a rainy day.
Jealous as hell. I'd love to get a pair of Corfam™ shoes for myself. The Brady Bunch say yes to space age materials you can wear while driving to the mall to pick up the latest Creedence LP.

happypebble

Reaction score
Oh, before I forget: I was looking at a pair on eBay and the size was listed as 13R. What is "R"? Narrow? Wide?

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, before I forget: I was looking at a pair on eBay and the size was listed as 13R. What is "R"? Narrow? Wide?

In guessing. Maybe R for Regular? Meaning medium/D width?

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I haven't worn these Alden in a while. Dug them out for Jim Pietryka, who i believe was also a member of this board.
He was, though I'm not sure how active he was here vs. the Alden and AE threads. He definitely had some excellent vintage examples in his collection.

A copy/pasta of what I posted in the AE thread:
I've got many fond memories of Jim, and I'm so glad I got a chance to know him. I "met" him here before he moved to my area, and got to hang out a fair bit after he did - he was a warm, generous and gentle soul. He only found out about the cancer in September, and was only 44.

I'm not sure if it's OK to post the GoFundMe link set up to help his wife with this very-sudden transition, but if you search on "Jim Pietryka" and "GoFundMe" you can find it if you'd like to help.

View attachment 1736167
It makes me wonder how many fine pairs of vintage shell shoes end up getting tossed because people mistake the bloom for mold.
I've had the same thought. As a guy who used to own a detailing-products business, it's kinda like single-stage paint - the looks of a disaster hide an amazing outcome.

And after. Only used a little burgundy cream polish to touch up the rough spots, then VSC and brushing under flowing water to get off the old caked-on polish. I think they’re almost ready to go.
View attachment 1737505
View attachment 1737504 View attachment 1737506
Fantastic pair - I'm super-jealous. I've always wanted to grab a pair :(

Not my listing.
NOS 93605 in 9.5D with a starting bid of $235. Terribad pictures, but seems like they might be okay.
I didn't see an outcome - did those seriously sell for $235?

Damn. Why couldn't that be a 9?
I've been very successful in going up a half size by using a thin Pedag Angora/Merino insert...

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
I had a great fun making my homemade GH Florsheims. It is clear that none of the other versions are going to fall into my lap, so I purchased another pair of 96302s for some dye work. I will be deciding between blue, green or attempting to make a weather moss. If they turn out well they may get some new soles and heels. That is to be determined.

View attachment 1740072

But maybe a more practical color would be the Chestnut of the 93639.

View attachment 1740096

:nest:

I'm triggered. I vote for green or moss.

I think ProCobblers have an acquainted shoe dye associate. You can probably get them to both dye and resole if you prefer to skip the work.

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
Conversion by Pablo Hadarits of Dimar in Guelph Ontario.

These are vintage LWBs sold by Sibleys of Detroit. They were manufactured by Dexter.

These will join my indoor work from home collection. I find wedge soles to be incredibly comfortable and supportive.

View attachment 1739941 View attachment 1739942 View attachment 1739943 View attachment 1739944

I'm thinking to do one like this. Was the Vibram sole glued on after midsole? What is your cost to do this type of resole?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:nest:

I'm triggered. I vote for green or moss.

I think ProCobblers have an acquainted shoe dye associate. You can probably get them to both dye and resole if you prefer to skip the work.

Is ProCobblers the same as Wyatt and Dad?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking to do one like this. Was the Vibram sole glued on after midsole? What is your cost to do this type of resole?

Yes, Vibram Christy outsole was glued on to the midsole. The midsole was stitched on.

I don't have final costs. But this pair needed new welts. Basic resole with this cobbler is generally $175 (Canadian dollars).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics