• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ijustknow

Reaction score
image-211.png

image-222-1024x658.png

K shoes from England, with the royal warrant from the Queen.
Not sure about the date, maybe late 70s?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1738358
View attachment 1738359
K shoes from England, with the royal warrant from the Queen.
Not sure about the date, maybe late 70s?

Not sure when they were made, but they look like a quality shoe that is well made. Where did you find them? I found that on Wednesday, July 25, 1990, C. & J. CLARK INTERNATIONAL LIMITED, filed a Canadian trademark application for K SHOES OF ENGLAND trademark. The trademark was expunged in 2009 for failure to renew. I did find one advertisement in Canada for a shoe store that carried brands such as Clark's, Church's, K Shoes of England that was from 1969.

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure when they were made, but they look like a quality shoe that is well made. Where did you find them? I found that on Wednesday, July 25, 1990, C. & J. CLARK INTERNATIONAL LIMITED, filed a Canadian trademark application for K SHOES OF ENGLAND trademark. The trademark was expunged in 2009 for failure to renew. I did find one advertisement in Canada for a shoe store that carried brands such as Clark's, Church's, K Shoes of England that was from 1969.

Which store was it?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which store was it?

To see the newspaper ad I had to create an account, etc. Didn't want to go that far. But, the description stated, "The new, uniquely designed Jay-Denns shoe boutique carries such well-known brands as Barker, Hartt, John Francis, Church's, Clark's and K Shoes of England." Based on that I assume Jay-Denns shoe boutique is the name of the store.

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To see the newspaper ad I had to create an account, etc. Didn't want to go that far. But, the description stated, "The new, uniquely designed Jay-Denns shoe boutique carries such well-known brands as Barker, Hartt, John Francis, Church's, Clark's and K Shoes of England." Based on that I assume Jay-Denns shoe boutique is the name of the store.
K Boots and shoes were being imported into Canada since before WW1. For many years there was a K Boot shop in Vancouver and Victoria, BC. which were named after the famous English company. K shoes show up in adverts in Canada pretty much throughout the 20th century.

Jay-Dennis was located on Jasper St., in Edmonton, Alberta. I see four adverts starting in 1971 and the last being 1987.

Here is a neat little article from 1917.

K Boots 1917.JPG

Last edited:

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been investing time in shoe maintenance. You saw my post about the Edge Kote (tm). I decided to pick up a UV light shoe sanitizer. @davidVC has one so it must be a good idea. I’m not sure why I waited 6 years into collecting and dozens of purchases to get one, but it’s never too late to clean up the funk in your shoes. I normally do a thorough wipe down of the inside of the shoes with Lysol disinfectant wipes. It’s worked fine. But I thought I should search for a solution to a non-problem and get some UV light in there. So I grabbed this Sterishoe unit on eBay and have been sanitizing like a crazy man since they arrived on Friday (my wife is SO happy that I did this next to her dresser). If I were to purchase one of these again I’d get one that didn’t look like a shoe tree (which only sanitizes the toe area), but rather one that permits the light to shine inside the entire insole.
2C096D81-7757-4125-B41C-9E82CD267EF3.jpeg
5808C281-EDFF-4454-9F6D-B4CFD9227DCD.jpeg
CB167DD2-8BC5-468D-9CDF-F8D5A4FB35C6.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been investing time in shoe maintenance. You saw my post about the Edge Kote (tm). I decided to pick up a UV light shoe sanitizer. @davidVC has one so it must be a good idea. I’m not sure why I waited 6 years into collecting and dozens of purchases to get one, but it’s never too late to clean up the funk in your shoes. I normally do a thorough wipe down of the inside of the shoes with Lysol disinfectant wipes. It’s worked fine. But I thought I should search for a solution to a non-problem and get some UV light in there. So I grabbed this Sterishoe unit on eBay and have been sanitizing like a crazy man since they arrived on Friday (my wife is SO happy that I did this next to her dresser). If I were to purchase one of these again I’d get one that didn’t look like a shoe tree (which only sanitizes the toe area), but rather one that permits the light to shine inside the entire insole. View attachment 1738567 View attachment 1738566 View attachment 1738565

I have that same unit and it works great. I do recommend them and they can be had at what I thought was a reasonable price. YMMV.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
K Boots and shoes were being imported into Canada since before WW1. For many years there was a K Boot shop in Vancouver and Victoria, BC. which were named after the famous English company. K shoes show up in adverts in Canada pretty much throughout the 20th century.

Jay-Dennis was located on Jasper St., in Edmonton, Alberta. I see four adverts starting in 1971 and the last being 1987.

Here is a neat little article from 1917.

View attachment 1738462

I knew this issue was a job for an archeologist. Great information as usual.

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
I've been investing time in shoe maintenance. You saw my post about the Edge Kote (tm). I decided to pick up a UV light shoe sanitizer. @davidVC has one so it must be a good idea. I’m not sure why I waited 6 years into collecting and dozens of purchases to get one, but it’s never too late to clean up the funk in your shoes. I normally do a thorough wipe down of the inside of the shoes with Lysol disinfectant wipes. It’s worked fine. But I thought I should search for a solution to a non-problem and get some UV light in there. So I grabbed this Sterishoe unit on eBay and have been sanitizing like a crazy man since they arrived on Friday (my wife is SO happy that I did this next to her dresser). If I were to purchase one of these again I’d get one that didn’t look like a shoe tree (which only sanitizes the toe area), but rather one that permits the light to shine inside the entire insole. View attachment 1738567 View attachment 1738566 View attachment 1738565

I got the cheaper bulb with wire to controller unit. You can UV sanitize anything with it.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think an aquarium UV sterilizer would work for shoes? They seem much more reasonably priced.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads