• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vestbash

Reaction score
They are really awesome. I’ll try my luck to see if I can pull off low asking bid. But probably more of an eye piece. I don’t think I can pull them off in regular rotation ?

These were originally mine in unworn NOS condition and were up on ebay for awhile. Surprised you guys missed them.

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some recent finds:
75F9D917-CD94-4BEE-9749-E730A8192120.jpeg

AE Hancock, AE Lubbock, Nettleton 0206, AE Sanford
1A4A445E-3138-4536-A9B6-E48DDC6DA807.jpeg

And a toddler/doggie vest

klawso9

Reaction score
My grail pair has arrived!

I spent an evening cleaning them up - wipe down, disinfectant, VSC, saphir cordovan cream, and a TON of brushing - and these are, hands down, my favorite pair I own now. I knew I was a perfect fit in Florsheim's LWB's at 10D so I took a risk as I don't have many loafers that fit amazingly - these fit perfectly.

I've been doing some digging to find out about the year and what I can gather is they are made to order within the same vein of the '97168' - in June of a year ending in 6. Either way, they're amazing quality. Paired with the perfect fitting shoe trees I scored on FB Marketplace for 10 bucks.

IMG_1814.jpg IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1817.JPG

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally made it across the border today. These 1930's shoe display stands had been waiting 18 months. Hard to believe. I added them to my John McHale shrine. My lovely wife is sooooo patient with me.

View attachment 1712507 View attachment 1712508

If I decorate my house that way, my beautiful wife would kill me in a very painfull way.

Lovely collection, cheers!

Quantum17

Reaction score

I spent an evening cleaning them up - wipe down, disinfectant, VSC, saphir cordovan cream, and a TON of brushing - and these are, hands down, my favorite pair I own now. I knew I was a perfect fit in Florsheim's LWB's at 10D so I took a risk as I don't have many loafers that fit amazingly - these fit perfectly.

I've been doing some digging to find out about the year and what I can gather is they are made to order within the same vein of the '97168' - in June of a year ending in 6. Either way, they're amazing quality. Paired with the perfect fitting shoe trees I scored on FB Marketplace for 10 bucks.

View attachment 1716268 View attachment 1716269

View attachment 1716278
Pristine condition!!! Man, congratulations ??

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1716278

$10 Yumas!!!??? Beautiful shoes for certain. I no longer like you. I will now go sulk. ;)

klawso9

Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The trees were $10! The Yumas were more, but in all taxes included this is a $410 photo!

My bad. $10 trees are a great deal. I can stop sulking and we can be friends again. I know this will be a major relief to one and all.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What stands the test of time is often a great thing (with the exception of herpes). Presenting a classic Florsheim. I love everything about this pair, down to the date code. It’s Feb ‘69 ? View attachment 1716359

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Your phrase: "What stands the test of time is often a great thing (with the exception of herpes)" made my day. I am trying to translate it to spanish for a day by day use.

Cheers

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So here I am in Maui thinking…
What do we do with our shoe collections when we pass away? My wife thinks they cost around $10.00 each! She said she’d send them all to St. Vincent de Paul. Horrors!
Can we not engage a group lawyer to draft a generic will so they would be passed between the brothers? Donated to a museum?
In fact we have at least one legal mind in the group but we may need an American locum to take care of our southern neighbour.
Just a thought.
kilowatts
I sure hope my kids wear them when I go. I’ll haunt them in, like, a really scary way if they don’t. ?

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1716278
Boom goes the ?! Wow. Glad you signed up one the thread. Those are amazing. Wear them in good health.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads