• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In on page 2800 with ...

Florshiem gunboats

20190312_183147.jpg

kilowatts

Reaction score
So here I am in Maui thinking…
What do we do with our shoe collections when we pass away? My wife thinks they cost around $10.00 each! She said she’d send them all to St. Vincent de Paul. Horrors!
Can we not engage a group lawyer to draft a generic will so they would be passed between the brothers? Donated to a museum?
In fact we have at least one legal mind in the group but we may need an American locum to take care of our southern neighbour.
Just a thought.
kilowatts

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do we do with our shoe collections when we pass away? My wife thinks they cost around $10.00 each! She said she’d send them all to St. Vincent de Paul. Horrors!
Can we not engage a group lawyer to draft a generic will so they would be passed between the brothers? Donated to a museum?
In fact we have at least one legal mind in the group but we may need an American locum to take care of our southern neighbour.
Just a thought.
kilowatts

The Fremen say: Your flesh belongs to you, but your water belongs to the tribe.

I say: Your flesh belongs to you, but your shoes belong to the Shoe Brotherhood.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a thought.
kilowatts

My shoes are to be sent to @mariusscott to be consigned. My kids get first dibs at pairs they want to keep.

Otherwise, name a person, or persons you trust to sell the shoes at value.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really am not fearful of my imminent doom, but given I have a rare shoe size, and if I was involved in any communities (like this one), I'd bequeath them either to any of my family that have the same sized feet, or would offer them to this community at a reasonable rate. Currently, I do not have any such family members, but here's hoping a future Mrs. JFWR would birth some sons with fat feet for me to give them to down the line.

Like @smfdoc and I are 11.5/12 EEE guys. I'd rather a friend of mine like him have my shoes, than just dump them at good will.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kosmo approves of today’s shoe choice for her walk: Executive Imperial by Mason. These were the first vintage shoes I acquired on the open market (vs cultivating my own from original purchase).

52A89714-211A-47BD-A859-8A074D2B8C28.jpeg

29EC292D-F540-4510-A74B-53FDD9B0076F.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really am not fearful of my imminent doom, but given I have a rare shoe size, and if I was involved in any communities (like this one), I'd bequeath them either to any of my family that have the same sized feet, or would offer them to this community at a reasonable rate. Currently, I do not have any such family members, but here's hoping a future Mrs. JFWR would birth some sons with fat feet for me to give them to down the line.

Like @smfdoc and I are 11.5/12 EEE guys. I'd rather a friend of mine like him have my shoes, than just dump them at good will.

I will keep my eyes open for the box. ;)

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will keep my eyes open for the box. ;)

If you hear of my assasination, expect a gigantic delivery of shoes.

Thankfully, the great Oxfords Worn Casually War has concluded without fatalities.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mid-1980s AE sharkskin Warton today.
21FCB410-A515-46FA-86F7-57F510DC90DA.jpeg
EE627932-C672-4AF6-A606-F56365C1F650.jpeg

Quantum17

Reaction score
That's what I thought too! @Quantum17 you should get them. Or not? Can't decide if they seem overpriced but will let you guys decide. I'd probably send an offer if they were a wider 9.5 but I can't fit a D on the 65 last.

Speaking of GH strands, I have seriously debated picking up a walnut or bourbon pair and converting them to GH. It's been done before - saw some pics of a pair on one of the FB groups a while ago.
They are really awesome. I’ll try my luck to see if I can pull off low asking bid. But probably more of an eye piece. I don’t think I can pull them off in regular rotation ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads