• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

happypebble

Reaction score
Here is an unusual pair of Vintage Florsheim. They are old enough that they were still made in the USA. They are not of the same quality as my other vintage Florsheim. Not every pair can be a GRAIL pair. They are fun and I have never seen another pair. They have a vibram sole so they will be good in bad weather or for traveling. I’m considering dyeing the brown red and making my version of the AE Christmas shoes.

View attachment 1714073 View attachment 1714074
I can't ❤ this pair enough. Absolutely make them red and green; I would totally go that route. Merry Christmas!

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mid-1990s suede AE Chester.
55D93E4E-E3B1-4664-BA76-B7B3C0E2E11E.jpeg
BF78AED8-0E26-4E66-A06A-7D5E633B0B2B.jpeg

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MathMan314

Reaction score
My guess is that Jarman made these. I love the colour tones on this pair. Enjoy them in good health. And keep building your collection.
Thank you for the insight, sir--I was not even familiar with Jarman. I like how different lighting brings out either more red tones or more brown tones in these.

Quantum17

Reaction score
My little one has his first soccer/futball session this evening. I’m feeling so proud. He will be a great poet one day.

Presenting a rare Florsheim short wing from the year E4. It arrived in rough shape. Took me a couple days to clean it up and bring back some pigments. Not the end product yet, but I can’t wait to share. A wonderful find. Thank you Mr. M.

Edit: the date code maybe incorrect. Will update again in about a week when I get them back. This is exciting ?

B54D45EB-8A3F-4EB1-A0C5-661127066BF0.jpeg
4A55756B-767D-45FA-BD03-80A96309D95A.jpeg
FCE78A4D-962F-474C-8A22-89D2FE3A1949.jpeg

Last edited:

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My little one has his first soccer/futball session this evening. I’m feeling so proud. He will be a great poet one day.

Presenting a rare Florsheim short wing from the year E4. It arrived in rough shape. Took me a couple days to clean it up and bring back some pigments. Not the end product yet, but I can’t wait to share. A wonderful find. Thank you Mr. M.

View attachment 1714422 View attachment 1714423 View attachment 1714424

They look great.

Was Florsheim not known for making full brogues? Because this is a pretty staple shoe. I know we mostly deal with the long wings, but full brogues are a classic style of men's dress shoe.

Quantum17

Reaction score
They look great.

Was Florsheim not known for making full brogues? Because this is a pretty staple shoe. I know we mostly deal with the long wings, but full brogues are a classic style of men's dress shoe.
For some reasons, I have a hard time finding pre 70s Florsheim short wings. Might just be pre 70s are hard to find in general ?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some reasons, I have a hard time finding pre 70s Florsheim short wings. Might just be pre 70s are hard to find in general ?

Florsheim had some wild styles in the 30s that I would love to find, but yeah, fat chance getting anything before the 70s unless you're Mormonopoly, who clearly has the mafia working for him.

rcplanefan

Reaction score
You guys are a bad influence! A year ago, I knew nothing about vintage shoes. Starting reading through this thread and decided I needed some of the iconic Florsheim 93602s for my shoe collection. I bought a pair off of eBay (see the last photo in this post), and while I enjoyed them, I was really wanting more. I had been seeing some of the work that Wyatt and Sons had been doing, so I sent them to Tony and we traded some messages about what I liked. Fast forward a couple of weeks, and he sent me these photos today. Holy crap, I so love these things now. I cannot WAIT to have them back in my hands. These shoes are now works of art, and while I can't wait to wear them, I'm also nervous about scratching up these marvelous soles. Anyway, thought you guys would enjoy. The first 3 photos are the new look - the last photo was what I took the day I shipped them out.

I'm working from home now, so a more contemporary and casual look was my goal. I think they nailed it.

IMG_5649.jpg

IMG_5650.jpg

soles.jpg

IMG_5651.jpg

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are a bad influence! A year ago, I knew nothing about vintage shoes. Starting reading through this thread and decided I needed some of the iconic Florsheim 93602s for my shoe collection. I bought a pair off of eBay (see the last photo in this post), and while I enjoyed them, I was really wanting more. I had been seeing some of the work that Wyatt and Sons had been doing, so I sent them to Tony and we traded some messages about what I liked. Fast forward a couple of weeks, and he sent me these photos today. Holy crap, I so love these things now. I cannot WAIT to have them back in my hands. These shoes are now works of art, and while I can't wait to wear them, I'm also nervous about scratching up these marvelous soles. Anyway, thought you guys would enjoy. The first 3 photos are the new look - the last photo was what I took the day I shipped them out.

I'm working from home now, so a more contemporary and casual look was my goal. I think they nailed it.

View attachment 1714495
View attachment 1714496
View attachment 1714497
View attachment 1714498
Those look fantastic.wow. Hey, we are just paying forward all of the bad influence that we got from vintage shoe enthusiasts who started collecting before us. It’s a beautiful thing…

happypebble

Reaction score
Well, I don't know if you'll be able to see it, but roughly at the center of this photo there is a billboard that says "It's Always Spectator Season." Lest we forget. Now I don't have any spectators myself--probly wouldn't pass muster with spousal customs--but those of you who do, fly your freak flag.

Attachments

• 20211203_155722.jpg
    20211203_155722.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 37

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1714495
View attachment 1714496
View attachment 1714497
View attachment 1714498

Tony and his team doing amazing work. Welcome to the passion. Keep building your collection.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads