• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I wore these fuzzy Fairhaven’s today, despite having planned to wear another pair of (decidedly very not-vintage, unworn) suede shoes, but I couldn’t unpack them from the closet fast enough to get out the door on time. These straddle that 25 year mark, so I’m gonna say they don’t trip a Vintage Violation:
WmhYOlb.jpg

Apologies for the rather unfortunate sock miscalculation.

happypebble

Reaction score
So I wore these fuzzy Fairhaven’s today, despite having planned to wear another pair of (decidedly very not-vintage, unworn) suede shoes, but I couldn’t unpack them from the closet fast enough to get out the door on time. These straddle that 25 year mark, so I’m gonna say they don’t trip a Vintage Violation:
WmhYOlb.jpg

Apologies for the rather unfortunate sock miscalculation.
That's a Sock Disaster!

happypebble

Reaction score
So I wore my previously seen NOS French Shriners to church today, and I'm glad I got them off the shelf and onto the street where they belong. They were super comfortable, like buttah. Once I came back I decided I wasn't in love with the laces they came with, so I swapped out some tan laces...much better.
20210620_130725.jpg

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy sh_t, those are wild! They are the exact opposite of what I look for in a shoe, yet I think they’re fantastic.

Is that a labradoodle?

Thanks. I’ve been taking a bit of a walk on the wild side since I’m not wearing suits as often anymore. I figured somewhat flashy but classic shoes goes well with more casual wear.

Our dog is a standard poodle. She’s probably considered a “blue” since her fur is not pure black, and her skin is pink rather than black. Recently learned that from a breeder after adopting her from a shelter 5 years ago.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ve been taking a bit of a walk on the wild side since I’m not wearing suits as often anymore. I figured somewhat flashy but classic shoes goes well with more casual wear.

Our dog is a standard poodle. She’s probably considered a “blue” since her fur is not pure black, and her skin is pink rather than black. Recently learned that from a breeder after adopting her from a shelter 5 years ago.

Hey now! I got one of those too. ;) Pardon the vintage violation but I have no other even semi topical photos.

1624239580961.png

Quantum17

Reaction score
This is a type of writing after a pitcher of sangria and the kids have gone to bed. In HS, I remember being scared shitless when the cobra kept slithering toward my direction. My dad must have been amused. He laughed so much over cobra congee for dinner. Dad was a tough mofo. He fought a brief but seems like an eternal battle against cancer. I applied for med school afterwards. Dads changed their kids lives even after they’re gone. Happy Father’s Day.

Presenting 50s or 60s Williams brown cap toe blucher. I haven’t had a chance to fix the color pigment at the toe, just a quick moisturizer. Also a hello from Florida beach.
EFC94AB0-F2E0-4C9F-8EC0-97362820AF8C.jpeg
1113D629-595F-4056-B618-A0E65AFC7E9D.jpeg
4847A882-12E0-4F0F-B109-DC8290324503.jpeg
173E6230-1E31-4643-B040-0EE3A3ED51FF.jpeg

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
End of an overnight getaway. We're still in our rainy season, but got super lucky and caught the 2 days of sunshine between about 3 weeks of clouds and rain. Maybe I should call these Grensons my "sunshine shoes" ;)

20210621.jpg

barutanseijin

Reaction score
End of an overnight getaway. We're still in our rainy season, but got super lucky and caught the 2 days of sunshine between about 3 weeks of clouds and rain.

What do you do about mold? I remember it being a problem in tsuyu.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you do about mold? I remember it being a problem in tsuyu.

I think the most important thing in any high humidity environment is to have air circulation. You need to open up rooms and closets, and let them ventilate every few days or every week or so.

I haven't had a mold problem in Japan because the homes are small and we tend to use all our rooms, thus creating air flow and circulation. But in Singapore we had 2 rooms that were just storage so they were not rooms we would enter with any regularity. Even with the air conditioners going, things in those rooms got moldy in no time. Things I never knew could grow mold, like metal and plastic, would grow mold. We should have been more diligent about ventilation there.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Monday forum pals. Seems like a good day to give the PTBs a second spin, so the day starts with them.

IMG_0461.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also wearing my Crockett Jones Bradfords for an in-person trial. Had to show them I am serious. And a very cool father's day gift from my son.

Honestly, I am not handy at all. But in his eyes.... I do admit my cooking is pretty decent, if I might say so.

20210621_155754.jpg
20210621_155747.jpg
20210621_071519.jpg

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also wearing my Crockett Jones Bradfords for an in-person trial. Had to show them I am serious. And a very cool father's day gift from my son.

Honestly, I am not handy at all. But in his eyes.... I do admit my cooking is pretty decent, if I might say so.

View attachment 1628394 View attachment 1628395 View attachment 1628396
That is awesome. My kids know of my love of vintage shoes, and they are now old enough to make fun of me for it. I can't wait until they are teenagers!

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a Sock Disaster!
Now look here, you didn’t need to rub it in! Do you think I wasn’t mortified to see my socks riding up, suddenly going from no-show, to clown-show? I must live with the eternal shame of having committed the second greatest shoe and sock faux pas imaginable (the first being the unmitigated disaster of wearing black dress socks with Birkenstock’s). However, you could have protected my fragile ego, and pretended it wasn’t that bad; you could have helped me maintain the illusion that I didn’t look like a complete uncouth goober. Instead, you called it a “Sock Disaster”.
1b9de765ef089bc3f4680b7ae384f4f9.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads