• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of "Executive Imperial" shoes? Any one know anything about the brand, whether it's MIUSA, GYWed, etc?

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of "Executive Imperial" shoes? Any one know anything about the brand, whether it's MIUSA, GYWed, etc?

Is that a brand name, or a grade of shoe? I thought it was the later, and sort of a generic term for a higher grade of shoe...?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

I've never owned a pair but I've checked them out. I think it's considered a 2nd tier vintage shoe. MiUSA & GYW. As with other brands quality is variable with newer ones probably not so great.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell Grayson because tassels loafers are ... take it away, @wasmisterfu!
89C0011B-A34A-4AC0-9DA7-108EF4E92B0D.jpeg
6AF7F5F7-9367-4951-90EF-E993064E7489.jpeg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a brand name, or a grade of shoe? I thought it was the later, and sort of a generic term for a higher grade of shoe...?
I've never owned a pair but I've checked them out. I think it's considered a 2nd tier vintage shoe. MiUSA & GYW. As with other brands quality is variable with newer ones probably not so great.

Mason – Chippewa Falls Wisconsin. Founded in 1904 by August and Bert Mason. Ended USA production in 2003. Also know as B Mason. The Executive Imperial line was their premier line. Tier 2/3 and one of my better fitting pair of vintage shoes.

kilowatts

Reaction score
Hi Guys:
Executive Imperials are indeed a second tier brand although the ones I had were very nice. I think they made a lot of department store brands. The Italians would say, “Bruta Figura”!
Kilowatts

happypebble

Reaction score
I really like my black Mason Executive Imperials made in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, a mere 90 minutes from my hometown (shoutouts). They're supposedly second tier, but when I compare them to my Hanover gunboats or my Florsheim 92604s, I really don't see much difference in quality. Your mileage may vary, as other non-Executive Imperials by Mason might be lesser quality, but I can't fault the EIs from my experience.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. I think I will consider the pair, but I might pass if they aren't considered quite so nice. Bruta figura is not something I want to aspire to, especially in a style that isn't necessarily something I don't have already.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. I think I will consider the pair, but I might pass if they aren't considered quite so nice. Bruta figura is not something I want to aspire to, especially in a style that isn't necessarily something I don't have already.

Mason did have some acceptable shoes and even made two styles in shell.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Mason 301s. Sad that I only ever found them in other people's sizes :violin:

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WOW! The color on that pair is incredible. I don't think I have ever seen you post a pic of them.
I’ve posted pictures of these a few times. I really like the color on these too. Unlike most of the other pairs in my collection, I did almost nothing to these. I got them for a song on Poshmark and they were practically brand new. I used to think that tassel loafers should have stayed with Gordon Gekko in the 1980s. These completely changed my thinking.

Last edited:

PSU John

Reaction score
Executive Imperial was the trade mark of shoes from the Mason Shoe Co. of Wisconsin, I believe. Was Goodyear welted but often with vinyl rather than leather welting material. A second tier shoe, below Florsheim, Nettleton, etc. Sold originally through door-to-door sales reps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads