• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quantum17

Reaction score
Another awesome mail call. Vintage violation ahead. This one is special. It’s incredible how @vestbash was able to find these gems. Presenting CJ for RL, brown shell PTD Marlow. I don’t see them often for sure.
607610B2-F078-487F-B56F-5A5444CF1A79.jpeg
303160D4-AC1B-4B36-BA43-661F88605868.jpeg
52739C84-7125-4586-8E04-E62E9AE899F5.jpeg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Another awesome mail call. Vintage violation ahead. This one is special. It’s incredible how @vestbash was able to find these gems. Presenting CJ for RL, brown shell PTD Marlow. I don’t see them often for sure.
View attachment 1626278 View attachment 1626279 View attachment 1626280

Those are great. One of the really nice things about the RL versions is that the shell tends to be lighter in color. I suspect this is applicable to your pair if you bring them outdoors. If the opportunity presents you should grab a pair of the Marlow wingtips or their C&J equiv version, which is called the Pembroke. It's the pinnacle of short wing patterns in my personal opinion.

Quantum17

Reaction score
Those are great. One of the really nice things about the RL versions is that the shell tends to be lighter in color. I suspect this is applicable to your pair if you bring them outdoors. If the opportunity presents you should grab a pair of the Marlow wingtips or their C&J equiv version, which is called the Pembroke. It's the pinnacle of short wing patterns in my personal opinion.
I can’t agree more. Pembroke is wonderful. I should take a family pic this weekend.
The City Club is heading to San Diego for Russell. Man, I wished they were my size ?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Apropos our discussion the other week about Spanish made Florsheims... Incidentally, for once, this pair IS actually my size but there is zero chance I am buying them. None of that "it fits it ships" mishigas --- it ain't happenin' gents. ?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I can’t agree more. Pembroke is wonderful. I should take a family pic this weekend.
The City Club is heading to San Diego for Russell. Man, I wished they were my size ?

Oh - you already have a pembroke! I was not aware of that, good sir. In that case, please carry on with your acquisition spree!

Quantum17

Reaction score
I know @Jiqea has mentioned before, I just want to coattail. These shoe laces are original WWII rationed to the US army. The quality is absolutely the best I’ve used and the color goes with every shoes except black. I can’t recommend them highly enough. I put them on my favorites for sure.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I know @Jiqea has mentioned before, I just want to coattail. These shoe laces are original WWII rationed to the US army. The quality is absolutely the best I’ve used and the color goes with every shoes except black. I can’t recommend them highly enough. I put them on my favorites for sure.

I'd missed @Jiqea comments about the laces but as a related aside I think there have been some folks that have been happy with the At The Front reissued Boondockers if that's anyone's jazz. I forgot all about this company but it was the subject of discussion several years back on a different site. There was another company making these as well but the name is escaping me right now.

eta: some reviews from a few years ago

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads