• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A complete set. Shoes, trees and bags.

IMG_0338.jpg

Quantum17

Reaction score
Maybe this has been previously discussed, but am I correct in my assessment that dress shoe prices (including shell cordovan) are depressed? I would suspect the need for dress shoes (vintage or otherwise) has diminished with the pandemic, and may never fully recover given the increased, long term acceptance of working from home.
I am not a bond salesman, but I know those guys resume travel while dressing up quite dapperly. There are certain jobs still require suits and ties by nature. I imagine laws is still among those too.
However, I agree that we are generally moving away from more formal attires. It’s uncertain whether dress shoes will fade completely out of favor. Analog watches had a challenging period when quartz become popular, but now they are doing perfectly fine, even with Apple watches in existence.
I’ve been wearing dress shoes with jeans all along Covid, and it seems acceptable. Maybe people was distracted by my tutus… wait, what?

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seneca is all I can find- 2004

View attachment 1607756
Yup! Congrats. You win ... uhhh ... the eternal glory and respect of this thread.

Anyhoo, yes, in typical AE fashion, they (for a short period) reintroduced the 4365 Brentwood as the redonkulously named “Seneca”. It’s identical to the far more prolific Brentwood.

The 5 last looks great (IMHO) as a moc toe blucher. Interesting single sole with a storm welt.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guess who’s back...
Back again...

Sorry, I had to disappear for a long while; just know it involved an insane amount of work saving (what was) a terribly broken company (which is now not broken).

So, here’s some shoes: they are AE’s; your mission is to identify the model name and number. Know that this one is harder than it first appears. Bonus points if you get the era and catalog entry correct.

uTYQ5D5.jpg

NL0LJbx.jpg

9zYKkDe.jpg

3lflg57.jpg

I am, indeed, wearing these shoes today. In public.
awww yeah!!! Welcome back. We've missed your knowledge, wit, and awesome shoe collection.

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this has been previously discussed, but am I correct in my assessment that dress shoe prices (including shell cordovan) are depressed? I would suspect the need for dress shoes (vintage or otherwise) has diminished with the pandemic, and may never fully recover given the increased, long term acceptance of working from home.
Maybe they need a Zoloft.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wait... what?!

Florsheim shoes, trees and bags. Just a nice set for my newly recrafted 93602s.

Edit. Sorry, I forgot that you had been away and had not had to endure my many pictures. Short version is that I wanted some golden harvests and they were never made in my size. I created my own pair using 93602s. Picture are here.

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guess who’s back...
Back again...

Sorry, I had to disappear for a long while; just know it involved an insane amount of work saving (what was) a terribly broken company (which is now not broken).

So, here’s some shoes: they are AE’s; your mission is to identify the model name and number. Know that this one is harder than it first appears. Bonus points if you get the era and catalog entry correct.

uTYQ5D5.jpg

NL0LJbx.jpg

9zYKkDe.jpg

3lflg57.jpg

I am, indeed, wearing these shoes today. In public.

Your intermittent disappearances always worry me and make me assume the most horrendous situation.

Welcome back, brother. Your presence and contributions always brings a smile to my face.

You are the wind beneath my wings.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To celebrate @wasmisterfu's return, I present, a pair of Florsheim NST. I rolled the dice on the 9.5D size. And they fit. Width wise, no issues. Obviously long, but my feet don't flop around in the toe box.

A cobbler rebuilt from scratch.

20210510_170246.jpg
20210510_170240.jpg

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your intermittent disappearances always worry me and make me assume the most horrendous situation.

Welcome back, brother. Your presence and contributions always brings a smile to my face.

You are the wind beneath my wings.
I might be the wind... but I’m not sure you want it beneath your wings, counselor.

As for my disappearances, they are unfortunate, but the work (which involved saving jobs, a lot of investor money, etc.) demanded pretty single-minded attention (the rest of my energies are then reserved for raising my two monstrous kids and maintaining my shoe “collection (hoard)). Since things are a tad more stable now, I can devote some time to my love of playing dress up and wearing fancy shoes.

That said, I always want come back with some insane James Bond level adventure story, but I know that you know that I’m just some weirdo with an unreasonable number of shoes. It’s good to be “virtually” back with my own kind. (See what I did there?)

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To celebrate @wasmisterfu's return, I present, a pair of Florsheim NST. I rolled the dice on the 9.5D size. And they fit. Width wise, no issues. Obviously long, but my feet don't flop around in the toe box.

A cobbler rebuilt from scratch.

View attachment 1607825 View attachment 1607826
Snazzy. When you say cobbler rebuilt them, what did they do? Got any before and after shots? I love rebuilds and restorations.

For good measure, since today is all about moc toe Bluchers, here’s me wearing the Seneca’s (AKA Brentwood’s) from earlier:
wLpRiCy.jpg

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might be the wind... but I’m not sure you want it beneath your wings, counselor.

As for my disappearances, they are unfortunate, but the work (which involved saving jobs, a lot of investor money, etc.) demanded pretty single-minded attention (the rest of my energies are then reserved for raising my two monstrous kids and maintaining my shoe “collection (hoard)). Since things are a tad more stable now, I can devote some time to my love of playing dress up and wearing fancy shoes.

That said, I always want come back with some insane James Bond level adventure story, but I know that you know that I’m just some weirdo with an unreasonable number of shoes. It’s good to be “virtually” back with my own kind. (See what I did there?)

Sounds like you did important and good work. And welcome back. It's good to have you around again!

Quantum17

Reaction score
Tampa used to be a cigar hub. The trade is part of our history. We have some decent hand rolled cigar. Of course, the well sorted after are Cuban leaves. A friend of mine had a brilliant idea. There’s no embargo between Cuba and Korea, so he bought seeds and grow in Korea then import back to the US.
I tried to send a couple cigars to the North, but found out tobacco products are not allowed. That’s just unfortunate and disappointing.
Well, here are some vintage shoes to enjoy instead while I figure out what else Tampa could offer. Presenting recently acquired 1957 Florsheim PTB. Thank you @vestbash. Hoping for many more from you, good sir. Coincidentally, I have another 1957 Florsheim short wings (last photo). I think they were both originally brown, but patina wonderfully to a reddish chilies color.
E0392770-5440-4864-A1F5-510E22A0BDFA.jpeg
9ED81392-E054-4A90-A612-87D1CA4B43DA.jpeg
2E6ACFCC-53A1-4104-ACCF-F20B9FB4289F.jpeg
AE410C84-D8AA-47E9-A07C-FACD8A29B1C2.jpeg
02B04083-397B-40B2-841D-B8E15F9A7867.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads