• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My previous experience with Dabondo is that he will frequently accept offers between 60-65% of his asking price.

Yes indeed. Which means you can get some real good steals.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes indeed. Which means you can get some real good steals.

I must be looking up the wrong guy. I only see he has a Mickey Mantle card for sale.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ignore. Double post by accident

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This will probably really raise some concerns with spousal customs!

82B458F4-CE87-41B5-85B3-17E76E9DFCBA.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought you were a lawyer. I consider shoe boxes with specific brands and style numbers to be evidence.

By far, one of the funniest responses I've read in a while.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This will probably really braise some concerns with spousal customs!

I thought you were a lawyer. I consider shoe boxes with specific brands and style numbers to be evidence.

Luckily they are just empty boxes for the shoes I have found on eBay and thrift stores and estate sales. She is pretty understanding. She has a pretty serious collection of Louis Vuitton that I don’t ask about. Of course, I was with her when we found them at thrift stores and estate sales too.

i have spent way too much the last two months, so there are two boxes that were delivered to my office! :) I can never take her into an Alden store (which we don’t have) to see the real prices!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:) I can never take her into an Alden store (which we don’t have) to see the real prices!

Some years back, before I had a single pair of Aldens, Mrs. smfdoc and I were in Manhattan (NY, not Kansas) visiting an Allen Edmonds store. They had nothing in stock that would fit. We exited, walked around the corner, and she suggested we could also "look into that Alden store to see what they have." Even then I knew better than to let her in there to see retail prices. In retrospect I am very happy I went with my instincts on that one.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some years back, before I had a single pair of Aldens, Mrs. smfdoc and I were in Manhattan (NY, not Kansas) visiting an Allen Edmonds store. They had nothing in stock that would fit. We exited, walked around the corner, and she suggested we could also "look into that Alden store to see what they have." Even then I knew better than to let her in there to see retail prices. In retrospect I am very happy I went with my instincts on that one.

LOLOLOL. Yes. Yes indeed.

I know the exact store you're talking about.

right_hook

Reaction score
I have a 2nd pair of Florsheim shell yumas inbound. These are a 10D where my first pair is my usually preferred 9.5E. I'm curious to see how they compare.

This new pair is probably from 1986. They look a bit dry, so I'll take my time rehydrating them before trying them on.

View attachment 1593642

2nd pair of Yumas? Ok. Good for you.
As we say here: if you don't have a girlfriend then someone have two :)

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10D Camel skin derbies... Someone interested?

Ah. I see this was your own listing.
I just purchased this pair along with another pair you had listed.

I guess I'm on a streak of buying shoes that might be too large for me.
But hopefully I can still wear them. They look to be very nice shoes and I'm looking forward to receiving them.

Quantum17

Reaction score
Ah. I see this was your own listing.
I just purchased this pair along with another pair you had listed.

I guess I'm on a streak of buying shoes that might be too large for me.
But hopefully I can still wear them. They look to be very nice shoes and I'm looking forward to receiving them.
SMG has been known for using synthetic sole for some of their exotic leather. I’m not 100% sure from the photo; however, since seller is one of us, maybe you should double check & confirm.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SMG has been known for using synthetic sole for some of their exotic leather. I’m not 100% sure from the photo; however, since seller is one of us, maybe you should double check & confirm.

Good observation. I wouldn't be concerned even if the soles are synthetic... so long as they are thick enough and the shoes themselves fit my feet.

I am super happy with my Hartt camel skin PTDs that I've been wearing quite regularly, so I figure these will be my LWB versions. If the soles turn out to be problematic, I should be able to get them resoled, and may even do something like contrast stitching and natural edges.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone wears 11.5C and is looking for Golden Harvest, I got a little carried away and may have a pair to sell or (preferably) trade.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics