• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quantum17

Reaction score
Thanks for the leads. The Urners might be to slim as C width. The Dacks are interested interesting.

I got a few on my lists I am mulling over.

60s Nunn Bush Ankle Fashioned: ~$35
View attachment 1593467
View attachment 1593468

60s or earlier Cole Haan Imperial: ~$70
View attachment 1593470

70s Footjoy Lizzards: ~$75
View attachment 1593472

90s (?) Footjoy Golf on Rex Last: ~$65
View attachment 1593473

And to mix it up:
2000s Florsheim Duckie Brown: !$50
View attachment 1593474

Need guidance from you fellas.
Definitely get Cole Hann and Dacks.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice from this fine group of folks. I want to get my brother a pair of 903602s for his 50th birthday. I’ve had this pie on my watchlist for a long time. I’m a little worried that the insoles are too worn down. Thoughts? Should I hold out for a nicer pair?

These look to be in good shape. No cracks or tears in the upper, and the insoles still show the brand marking. I have found that at least with my feet, I often wear away the brand marking a lot quicker than anything I see on this.

I'd say this would be a good pair to buy, especially if you can negotiate him down to say, 100ish.

The outsoles seem to be in decent shape, too.

I'd go for it myself. Though be mindful I usually go for shell cordovan vintage pairs, if only because I think cordovan mostly keeps nicer than does calf if it is maintained. I tend to go for less-vintagey stuff in calf.

ashynastyclassy

Reaction score
@Quantum17
Those were some great recent finds! did does Hanover boots fit?

Also, what’s a good month to get some ice skating done Florida?
46777233-DDA8-4360-82B8-008F079E6E92.jpeg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Quantum17

View attachment 1593519

...Half brogued ice skates? Please, count me in.

Also, this is really interesting, as the half brogue style was only created in 1937, I thought? John Lobb created the first half brogue.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dabondo has a fantastic collection of AEs on Ebay. I usually can find better deals elsewhere, but I routinely check his store. He's very reasonable on offers, too.

My previous experience with Dabondo is that he will frequently accept offers between 60-65% of his asking price.

Quantum17

Reaction score
@Quantum17

View attachment 1593519
Lol ? I remember the Rays were considering playing half their “home” games in Montreal and the other half at the Tropicana field. Subsequently, their mascot was also considered to change from the Rays to the Snowbirds. Maybe one of those snowbirds carried with them this wonderful gem to Tampa ?

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered new replacement boxes for my Aldens that I bought from eBay, thrift stores, estate sales, etc. it’s a pretty cool service that they will print style, size, and width on them.

Spousal customs may have some serious questions when it appears 6 new pairs of Alden show up in my closet!

One pair is Brooks Brothers (by Alden of course). I wonder if it will be a green Alden Box or Blue Brooks Brothers? I’m guessing green.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 2nd pair of Florsheim shell yumas inbound. These are a 10D where my first pair is my usually preferred 9.5E. I'm curious to see how they compare.

This new pair is probably from 1986. They look a bit dry, so I'll take my time rehydrating them before trying them on.

20210415.jpg

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the leads. The Urners might be to slim as C width. The Dacks are interested interesting.

I got a few on my lists I am mulling over.

60s Nunn Bush Ankle Fashioned: ~$35
View attachment 1593467
View attachment 1593468

60s or earlier Cole Haan Imperial: ~$70
View attachment 1593470

70s Footjoy Lizzards: ~$75
View attachment 1593472

90s (?) Footjoy Golf on Rex Last: ~$65
View attachment 1593473

And to mix it up:
2000s Florsheim Duckie Brown: !$50
View attachment 1593474

Need guidance from you fellas.

The Cole Haan look great! Vintage Cole Haan is so different than modern stuff. It was quality back in the day.

Im always a fan of FJ. But, really look like golf shoes to me. Maybe it’s the FJ logo.

the camo DB are fun in sort of a silly way. I’m guessing they are just throw away shoes after a year of wear. But, they are odd enough they could be fun.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 2nd pair of Florsheim shell yumas inbound. These are a 10D where my first pair is my usually preferred 9.5E. I'm curious to see how they compare.

This new pair is probably from 1986. They look a bit dry, so I'll take my time rehydrating them before trying them on.

View attachment 1593642

I was warned by @vestbash that the Yuma is an oddly fitting style. A lot of people have trouble making them work. I like the high instep.

I have a pair of 10.5D. I usually wear 10.5C or D and even up to 11D. I love mine. But, they do fit a little large for me. I could probably get away with a 10D.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

View attachment 1593642

Hi @Oshare, if you decide to part with one of your pairs I might have some interest depending upon your take on the fit, etc. Nice snag on the new pair they look to be in good shape.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Nice pair of Freeman austerity brogues. Appear to be resoled but inexpensive and seem to be in good shape. Someone pls buy them so that I don't.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads