• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys:

I seem to remember that Cat's Paw soles and heels are still made in Quebec, Canada and owned by Biltrite Rubber Co. I may be wrong, but if I'm right then they should be available to cobblers at wholesale. Google Biltrite and you should see a list of their offerings.

kilowatts

Some cobblers in the Facebook group recently announced that cat paw manufacturing has been stopped again. Not enough interest.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This pair was my first pair of 93605. I found them at an estate sale. They are from 1966 and despite the heavy wear they experienced for decades the still look pretty good. However, two years ago I noticed a crack/crevice,flaw, something. I conditioned the heck out of them and have continued to do so on a regular rotation.

Now, I’m wondering if I am dreaming that this is not going to get worse. I’m considering having them repaired/restored. If they didn’t have sentimental value, I wouldn’t bother. I still wear them occasionally and they shine up pretty well.

here’s the issue:

2E8B2D2F-5B91-4079-9603-3107B8F6DD4F.jpeg

The crack is not all the way through. But, that’s obviously a spot that takes a lot of flexing. They have not gotten worse in 2 years.

I have better versions of the 93605 so I don’t need them. They are also just about a half size too long. (They were my first)

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
This pair was my first pair of 93605. I found them at an estate sale. They are from 1966 and despite the heavy wear they experienced for decades the still look pretty good. However, two years ago I noticed a crack/crevice,flaw, something. I conditioned the heck out of them and have continued to do so on a regular rotation.

Now, I’m wondering if I am dreaming that this is not going to get worse. I’m considering having them repaired/restored. If they didn’t have sentimental value, I wouldn’t bother. I still wear them occasionally and they shine up pretty well.

here’s the issue:

View attachment 1593246

The crack is not all the way through. But, that’s obviously a spot that takes a lot of flexing. They have not gotten worse in 2 years.

I have better versions of the 93605 so I don’t need them. They are also just about a half size too long. (They were my first)

You shouldnt sink any money into this pair, in my view.

right_hook

Reaction score
These are great looking shoes. I’m glad I got my pair a few weeks ago for less than 1/3 the price of these. They are cool, but this is GH and minty 93605 money.

Good for the seller if he can get it.

It could be unpopular opinion but I'd prefer some traditional british derbies in tan to golden harvest.
Then you can find some nice shell shoes from different makers, including modern shoes. And while shell lwb are extremely cool they're somewhat common and not so rare.
And here we come to Shark saddle shoes. That's a standout pair from those three you've mentioned in my opinion.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a pair of Florsheim 93602 in 10.5EE? My 74 year old father has decided he likes my shoes. I’m thinking of getting him pair. They don’t have to perfect because he usually wears ugly old guy shoes. Not the old guy shoes we wear! :).

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a pair of Florsheim 93602 in 10.5EE? My 74 year old father has decided he likes my shoes. I’m thinking of getting him pair. They don’t have to perfect because he usually wears ugly old guy shoes. Not the old guy shoes we wear! :).

LOL. Not the old guy shoes we wear. Love it.

And sadly, no, but good luck!

Raimar

Reaction score
I had a few minutes to thrift while my wife had a doctors appointment.

Nothing too special. Although I found a nice pair of HS Trask Navy loafers and a Cotton Poplin suit for myself.

I did find some minty AE Boat Shoes I think the name was Eastport. 9.5 3E. But, they wanted $20. And a pair AE that looked like Leeds. They would need work and they were 10A. Also a pair of AE wholecuts but they were 10.5A. They had bad creasing.

I didn’t buy any of the shoes except for the Trask Navy. I have a few HS Trask and every time I encounter another pair, I like them.

View attachment 1590407

I had just online thrifted ($10)a pair of Eastports, quite certain they are not vintage but older manufacture since they were made in USA and not Central America (like recent ones). Now I just need to thrift me a boat.

Attachments

• IMG_9387.JPG
    IMG_9387.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Closest I've got is a pair of 92604 in a 12C. I'll keep my eye out, though.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

here’s the issue:

View attachment 1593246

Sorry brother, it is the beginning of the end. I had a pair that cracked in same area. I sent them to @smfdoc to be re-purposed.

Particularly sad because I had just spent money on them to be rebuilt.

kilowatts

Reaction score

Hey Noble:

Do you mean ugly old guy's shoes or old guy's ugly shoes? Or both? Never mind, I'm starting to ramble!

kilowatts

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

happypebble

Reaction score
Hey Noble:

Do you mean ugly old guy's shoes or old guy's ugly shoes? Or both? Never mind, I'm starting to ramble!

kilowatts
When I started down the shoe rabbit hole, my wife asked, "why are you wearing old man shoes?" She was used to seeing me in tennis shoes, Birkenstocks and flip flops. I probably hadn't had a pair of dress shoes since my wedding in the Clinton administration. Wellllll...things change. Out with the Ice Cream sneakers (sorry, Pharrell, but you're already a millionaire) and in with the vintage Florsheims.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I started down the shoe rabbit hole, my wife asked, "why are you wearing old man shoes?" She was used to seeing me in tennis shoes, Birkenstocks and flip flops. I probably hadn't had a pair of dress shoes since my wedding in the Clinton administration. Wellllll...things change. Out with the Ice Cream sneakers (sorry, Pharrell, but you're already a millionaire) and in with the vintage Florsheims.

Never too late to dress well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads