• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few months back I had a pair of stone tarlow elavator shoes in shell cordovan, I can add pics if you guys want to see them.

You are amazing. You find some of the most spectacular shoes! I’m sure it is a closely guarded secret where you get your inventory!

vestbash

Reaction score
You are amazing. You find some of the most spectacular shoes! I’m sure it is a closely guarded secret where you get your inventory!

The stone tarlow elevator shoes were found at a NYC consignment store by a friend of mine who graciously went back to the store after I told him they looked like they were made out of shell cordovan.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are a generous 10.5D. I could easily get my orthotics in them. Stuart McGuire shell. Looking for the $47 I have in them, plus shipping. They’ve been cleaned and conditioned. I'll put them on ebay if no interest at 8pm est

gone. Thanks

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are a generous 10.5D. I could easily get my orthotics in them. Stuart McGuire shell. Looking for the $47 I have in them, plus shipping. They’ve been cleaned and conditioned. I'll put them on ebay if no interest at 8pm est
View attachment 1592378

Message inbound.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, time flies. One of the kids on my youngest son's first LL baseball team (The Belmont - Redwood Shores DBacks) just placed second in the Masters yesterday.
I played high school baseball (3 games) against a guy who went on to be the starting quarterback in 10 Super Bowls; he won 7 of them. I’m pretty sure he tells people in private that the highlight of his athletic career was playing against a guy who has a very good vintage shoe collection.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this listing... I was thinking about grabbing them to split up the lot but was a bit leery of the very narrow widths. Very nice shoes though - especially the copegs.

Quantum17

Reaction score
I played high school baseball (3 games) against a guy who went on to be the starting quarterback in 10 Super Bowls; he won 7 of them. I’m pretty sure he tells people in private that the highlight of his athletic career was playing against a guy who has a very good vintage shoe collection.
He’s 10 minutes drive from me and 5 blocks away from one of my rentals. But I feel I’m so much closer to you than I can ever be with 12 (and I blame his security for this). TB did complain people stalking him too much from the bay. Tampa is certainly not used to having celebrities. People could be really nosy around here... on a different note, my new binoculars just arrived. Security detail broke my last pair.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He’s 10 minutes drive from me and 5 blocks away from one of my rentals. But I feel I’m so much closer to you than I can ever be with 12 (and I blame his security for this). TB did complain people stalking him too much from the bay. Tampa is certainly not used to having celebrities. People could be really nosy around here... on a different note, my new binoculars just arrived. Security detail broke my last pair.
I saw him play QB in HS. My HS dominated. He didn’t look that good. I guess he did OK after that.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Picked up this unusual pair of shoes by the Stetson Shoe Company, who were one of that rather large group of NE shoemakers back in the day. and I'd like to ask of the accumulated expertise on this thread, just what type of shoes are these? While the company is unrelated to the western hat company of the same name, the shoe is surprisingly western in look, with the appearance of a chopped-off western boot with side gores. In 2-3 decades of yard sale-ing, thrifting and finding vintage shoes, I've never seen a pair like this, and my Google-fu hasn't been helping. Any ideas?
5524 - 1.jpeg
5524 - 2.jpeg
5524 - 7.jpeg
5524 - 9.jpeg
5524 - 11.jpeg
5524 - 12.jpeg

Leiker

Reaction score
Picked up this unusual pair of shoes by the Stetson Shoe Company, who were one of that rather large group of NE shoemakers back in the day. and I'd like to ask of the accumulated expertise on this thread, just what type of shoes are these? While the company is unrelated to the western hat company of the same name, the shoe is surprisingly western in look, with the appearance of a chopped-off western boot with side gores. In 2-3 decades of yard sale-ing, thrifting and finding vintage shoes, I've never seen a pair like this, and my Google-fu hasn't been helping. Any ideas?
View attachment 1592441 View attachment 1592442 View attachment 1592443 View attachment 1592444 View attachment 1592445 View attachment 1592446
I'm guessing that it is a Lazyman.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
I'm guessing that it is a Lazyman.
Yep, thanks, that's it! Amazing that after all this time, I am still learning. Your response took me into 30 minutes of exploring all the other types of Lazyman shoes that are out there: many from the most distinguished artisans. I can see a few pairs in my future, now that I know they exist . . . since I love dress shoes, but am essentially "a lazyman". Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads