• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Raimar

Reaction score
Found these on a recent outing. I like the toe shape on the JM.

IMG_9062.JPG IMG_9060.JPG

Quantum17

Reaction score
Those went fast.
View attachment 1568876
Pays for my last three Ebay buys lol. Not quite with fees and COGS but close enough. View attachment 1568879
I can’t believe after all we went through in Nam, you let them go to a Jersey Yankee.

Jokes aside, they are a fantastic catch. Even more awesome that they went to a brother ?

Edit: charge your phone

Last edited:

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe after all we went through in Nam, you let them go to a Jersey Yankee.

Jokes aside, they are a fantastic catch. Even more awesome that they went to a brother ?

Edit: charge your phone
Love the Nam. Especially Cho’ Bên Thãnh, where if they don’t have it, you don’t need it.
DSC_1079.JPG

[EDIT] In re: bringing it back to shoes - there are stalls in this colonial-era market in Saigon where a woman can sit down and have clogs fitted, nailed together on the spot and be on her way in 15 minutes. My wife did that and was still wearing them ten summers later. They got everything here.

Last edited:

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Gentlemen, the below pair of shoes is up there with some of my best finds ever. I've been on a mission to acquire some of the premier vintage shoes that were made in Canada and have been scouring the planet for great finds. This particular pair fell into my lap and in a stroke of fortuitous timing they happen to be listed for sale while @Jiqea was on an ice fishing trip, which almost certainly allowed me to secure the purchase while he was asleep at the rod or sipping schnapps or whatever.

These were originally listed as a size 10 with no width listed and no photos showing the width. I bought them anyway only to find out that they were, in fact, a 9B. Big time bummer since there is zero chance that I can fit into a B and certainly not a 9 either. Nonetheless, considering the rarity of this shoe and that fact that it was NOS, I decided to purchase them anyway. Half of that decision was, frankly, just to check them out since I was really curious about the construction and leather quality. Anyway, behold... I tend to doubt there is another NOS pair of these around anywhere but I guess you never know. I can't tell you how much I wish they were a 10.

These are probably about 60 years old give or take a few years. They arrived in pretty remarkable shape all considered but I wiped them down, gave them two coats of Bick4, touched them up sparingly with some light brown and dark brown MdO cream polish, and a coat of mahogany MdO wax polish.

IMG_1274 (002).jpg

IMG_1272 (002).jpg

IMG_1279 (002).jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, the below pair of shoes is up there with some of my best finds ever. I've been on a mission to acquire some of the premier vintage shoes that were made in Canada and have been scouring the planet for great finds. This particular pair fell into my lap and in a stroke of fortuitous timing they happen to be listed for sale while @Jiqea was on an ice fishing trip, which almost certainly allowed me to secure the purchase while he was asleep at the rod or sipping schnapps or whatever.

These were originally listed as a size 10 with no width listed and no photos showing the width. I bought them anyway only to find out that they were, in fact, a 9B. Big time bummer since there is zero chance that I can fit into a B and certainly not a 9 either. Nonetheless, considering the rarity of this shoe and that fact that it was NOS, I decided to purchase them anyway. Half of that decision was, frankly, just to check them out since I was really curious about the construction and leather quality. Anyway, behold... I tend to doubt there is another NOS pair of these around anywhere but I guess you never know. I can't tell you how much I wish they were a 10.

These are probably about 60 years old give or take a few years. They arrived in pretty remarkable shape all considered but I wiped them down, gave them two coats of Bick4, touched them up sparingly with some light brown and dark brown MdO cream polish, and a coat of mahogany MdO wax polish.

View attachment 1569208

View attachment 1569209

View attachment 1569207

What is your size ? 9ee?

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1569208

View attachment 1569209

View attachment 1569207
We really do need a drool emoji. Sigh. And it was Fireball whiskey I was sipping. I think I will gulp some now and slip into a pair of Hartts.

IMG_4443.jpg

Last edited:

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
We really do need a drool emoji. Sigh. And it was Fireball whiskey I was sipping. I think I will gulp some now and slip into a pair of Hartts.

View attachment 1569265

Your pair look pretty similar to mine above. You really have an incredible collection. Hard not to drool at pretty much everything you post!!

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1569208

View attachment 1569209

View attachment 1569207
???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads