• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quantum17

Reaction score

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Eagle has landed. Props to @Oshare for finding these.
372FD421-B1AD-4505-8B9D-09DD18EB5E0F.jpeg

Last edited:

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My boy is knee-high and he loves boxes. So does his dad!!! Especially boxes from the 40s for age appropriate, and with $26.50 written on the side.
Running the calculator if we say 1945, then it's $385.11 today. ;) After the war years, a little cheaper.

davidVC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How come nobody ever contacts me about these kinds of treasures? Is there a sign up list somewhere?

Or is this where the CIA taps into everything and then feeds you info?

I receive emails daily from people asking me about some pair they own. Which sometimes leads to this question, "Do you want to buy them?". I usually respond, "No, I have enough shoes". Which is true. I have a lot of shoes (Would you say I have a plethora of shoes?). Some people just don't want to go through the hassle of selling them on ebay. And I don't want to go through the hassle of selling these people's shoes either.

This was the only pair I have bought from someone offering me a sale. Originally I told her to sell the pair on ebay. But she didn't have an ebay account. So she asked me to buy them. I didn't realize she lived in Saskatoon. She also didn't have PayPal. So I had to mail a paper US bank check and then waited for the shoes to arrive. The whole process took a couple months. Not quite like buying something on Amazon.

But the shoes look great. Even if they were in my size, they seem unwearable because they are so unique.

Raimar

Reaction score
Like all posters here I don’t have a shoe problem. But somehow whenever I find some NOS or almost new mid grade shoes in my exact size they end up in my car to be added to a once a year rotation. These are some JC Penney Stafford MiUSA. Possibly Hanover’s from my inexperienced eye. So far just added some Lexol and brushing.

Attachments

• FA9D82AB-7A8B-4221-A297-8ACCC80D2DC1.jpeg
    FA9D82AB-7A8B-4221-A297-8ACCC80D2DC1.jpeg
    433 KB · Views: 19
  • E7DC7698-DB7B-4680-BDEB-1D65D46610B8.jpeg
    E7DC7698-DB7B-4680-BDEB-1D65D46610B8.jpeg
    412.3 KB · Views: 27

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I receive emails daily from people asking me about some pair they own. Which sometimes leads to this question, "Do you want to buy them?". I usually respond, "No, I have enough shoes". Which is true. I have a lot of shoes (Would you say I have a plethora of shoes?). Some people just don't want to go through the hassle of selling them on ebay. And I don't want to go through the hassle of selling these people's shoes either.

This was the only pair I have bought from someone offering me a sale. Originally I told her to sell the pair on ebay. But she didn't have an ebay account. So she asked me to buy them. I didn't realize she lived in Saskatoon. She also didn't have PayPal. So I had to mail a paper US bank check and then waited for the shoes to arrive. The whole process took a couple months. Not quite like buying something on Amazon.

But the shoes look great. Even if they were in my size, they seem unwearable because they are so unique.

Just reading that gave me a headache. People from Saskatchewan never cease to amaze me. This story doesn't surprise me for one second.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If only she had the Pony Express deliver them... that would have made for a vintage transaction through and through.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took the camels out for a walk today -- Hartt camel leather PTDs.

20210306-01.jpg

I also went to pick up a pair of black shell MacNeils that I had put in for some work at the cobbler.

This is the pair I got in a trade with @suitforcourt late last year. These were not his shoes, but just a pair that he had picked up.

They were probably significantly too large for their previous owner, so he put in thick pads under the tongues and had sewn in thick spongy liners at the back of the heel.

20210306-03.jpg

20210306-04.jpg

The tongue pads were easy enough to pull off. I just had to use a lot of nail polish remover to get rid of the leftover adhesive.

The heel pads were more problematic. They had been stuck on and sewn in, so I used a seam ripper to carefully remove the stitching and then pulled out the pads... but chunks of the original soft leather liner came out with them. :(

20210306-05.jpg

I ended up taking them to my cobbler for some work. They somehow patched up the gouged out parts to make the back of the heel cup smooth again, and then applied and sewed in a thin leather liner. The color doesn't match, but was all they had to choose from. Overall, as usual, their work is nicely done.

20210306-06.jpg

Time to get some good use out of these puppies!

20210306-02.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads