• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw a Jarman suede blucher today but left it for the next guy. Oops, thought I had taken a pic. Did find a FJ golf tho.
CC223C09-3701-4ABB-8850-CAC86D973C0C.jpeg

Last edited:

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I had a little afternoon nap, and woke up to find these NOS Florsheim Imperial 92604's by McHale sitting at my front door. Maybe it is true that afternoon naps are good for you. I certainly feel better now. They are likely late 70's or early 80's.

View attachment 1566018 View attachment 1566019 View attachment 1566020

It's funny, I was scrolling up from the bottom of your images... 92604s with a box! nice... huhh??? that's a weird looking sole.... ohhhhhhhh.

Nice find!

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny, I was scrolling up from the bottom of your images... 92604s with a box! nice... huhh??? that's a weird looking sole.... ohhhhhhhh.

Nice find!

Friggin' damn, son. Very nice.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So are you volunteering to write one or more of these articles?
Saw a Jarman suede blucher today but left it for the next guy. Oops, thought I had taken a pic. Did find a FJ golf tho.
View attachment 1566090
We should have a @davidVC creative writing contest. Like the Edward Bulwer Lytton contest they used to have at San Jose State. @friendlygoz will remember this. All entries had to begin with “It was a dark and stormy night...” .

Maybe I should write something. I was considering a write up about Footjoy.

Lots of people know they make the best golf shoes. But, they also made premium handmade dress shoes for decades. For a long time, some of their styles were on par with Alden. In fact, I’m still suspicious that Alden may have made some styles for FJ. I think some of the vintage FJ shoes are very worth collecting and represent a true quality Goodyear welted shoe.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So... ummmm. If one of you guys are gonna drop some crazy coin on a pair of old shoes (like more than $100, for example). This would be a good pair to snag. These are not mine but I'd strongly encourage any 9E to watch this auction.

My Prediction Is those will go over $400. Maybe even over $500

They ended a few days ago. For the record, they went for $510.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We should have a @davidVC creative writing contest. Like the Edward Bulwer Lytton contest they used to have at San Jose State. @friendlygoz will remember this. All entries had to begin with “It was a dark and stormy night...” .
I confess I don't remember this contest. I'm a writer (not that you can tell from my typo-laden posts here), but I'm not terribly creative. Here's my best shot
"It was a dry and neglected pair of vintage Florsheims with a bad toe curl..."

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They ended a few days ago. For the record, they went for $510.

Somebody got an exceptional pair of shoes. NOS is getting so hard to find. Unfortunately a few sellers are trying to get more than $1000. Of course, we all know something is worth whatever a willing buyer will pay and a willing seller will accept.

kilowatts

Reaction score
Hi guys:
How about:
It was a dark and stormy night, the rain was blowing on to his circa 1963 model 93605 Florsheim Imperials. The reverse storm welt was already sodden with the purple shell cordovan soaked to the fourth grommet. The rain squished through the brogued toe medallions to sizzle on his spent cigarette butt.
“What do you think of these shoes, baby?” He sneered.......

Ok, the rest is up to you guys.
kilowatts

Bertrand

Reaction score
The lower end "Silver" line goes for about $8.50 a jar and the higher end black line is about $11 to $13 a jar.
Unfortunately international one-off shipping would quickly eat up any price arbitrage opportunity.

Thanks! How does Boot Black cream/wax perform when compared to Saphir MDO ?

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
Maybe I should write something. I was considering a write up about Footjoy.

Lots of people know they make the best golf shoes. But, they also made premium handmade dress shoes for decades. For a long time, some of their styles were on par with Alden. In fact, I’m still suspicious that Alden may have made some styles for FJ. I think some of the vintage FJ shoes are very worth collecting and represent a true quality Goodyear welted shoe.

Yes, agree with collecting more Footjoy. I think I am longed out on longwings. Footjoy has so many cool patterns.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads