• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think these would count quite as vintage, but I found these on Ebay:

They are listed as shell cordovan, but the creasing makes me think they're corrected grain. Moreover, these are not the Imperial line, making me suspect that something is seriously wrong in this listing, and that the colour is cordovan, but it is not shell.

What do you gentlemen think?

Do you folks have any idea if these are actually shell?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think these would count quite as vintage, but I found these on Ebay:

They are listed as shell cordovan, but the creasing makes me think they're corrected grain. Moreover, these are not the Imperial line, making me suspect that something is seriously wrong in this listing, and that the colour is cordovan, but it is not shell.

What do you gentlemen think?

Do you folks have any idea if these are actually shell?

They are definitely NOT shell.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are definitely NOT shell.

Glad I could confirm that.

Also: I am not aware of any Florsheim Made in India cordovan models. In fact, it seems they just stopped making cordovan, as even the imperials are garbage now.

vestbash

Reaction score
Glad I could confirm that.

Also: I am not aware of any Florsheim Made in India cordovan models. In fact, it seems they just stopped making cordovan, as even the imperials are garbage now.

The florsheim x duckie brown line is made from genuine horween shell cordovan around 2014 or so. I have several pairs. Hardly counts as they are not vintage.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The florsheim x duckie brown line is made from genuine horween shell cordovan around 2014 or so. I have several pairs. Hardly counts as they are not vintage.

Those sound nice!

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what properly cleaned and conditioned shell cordovan should feel like? I've got a pair of AE Leeds that feels smooth and silky, and other pairs that feel almost waxy. What's your experience? Can you use feel as an indicator for proper shell health?

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
81A40F04-E80C-4398-8A9A-887448D79EA6.jpeg

ashynastyclassy

Reaction score
Cole and Haag? Huh. I thought it was just a listing error. I can't find much on this Haag fellow.

I believe Haag is a term of endearment that Cole might have used when around the boys to describe the “ol battle axe”

I tried watching the movie Tenent about 3 times now and only got about 15mins in and I’m just too bored with it to try watching it again.. did it work out for the protagonists?

image_72192707.JPG

davidVC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am very curious to see how much this pair sells for. I am 90% sure they are Corfam. It's pretty rare to find an unworn Corfam pair. They look well made. I think I could wear them.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am very curious to see how much this pair sells for. I am 90% sure they are Corfam. It's pretty rare to find an unworn Corfam pair. They look well made. I think I could wear them.

May I ask why you would want corfam, though? Like, corfam is kind of ****. It's a novelty, but....it's ****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads