• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quantum17

Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone have tips on vintage shoe collecting for a gentleman with an 11.5 EEE size?

I know that I have thankfully gotten lucky with a few models, thanks especially to one fine gentleman here in this thread, but I often find my options limited.

Any brands besides Florsheim I should be looking for that often made shoes for men with big/wide feet?

ashynastyclassy

Reaction score
@Oshare
I would love to find me a pair of Duckie boots from the collection in my size, because of the fact they’re made in India. I wore made in India Cole Haan boots on my first visit to Varanasi and it won’t be my last visit there

@vestbash
I can’t seem to find the site, I tried to at the time of posting the image and also why I said apparently, cause I can’t find the article

@Nealjpage
I don’t believe that says Cole and Haan, but Cole and Haag which something different. I don’t have much info on the brand because every time a mention comes up it gets sidetracked, speaking of which.. does anyone own a vintage Cole Haan LWB? Seems everyone and their grandma made a pair but them

@mormonopoly
If there not already someone I’d like to be the first to sign up for a paid subscription to your watchlist, sir. I’m sort of joking but not at the same time

These are not 40s or as rare, the spady-nes of these seems to vary by pair also. 9.5 not in my size but I picked them up thinking the price was okay (Sellers pictures)
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone have tips on vintage shoe collecting for a gentleman with an 11.5 EEE size?

I know that I have thankfully gotten lucky with a few models, thanks especially to one fine gentleman here in this thread, but I often find my options limited.

Any brands besides Florsheim I should be looking for that often made shoes for men with big/wide feet?

Hanover and Mason made eee widths, but the pickings are slim. Florsheim made eee but not for every style. Like the Golden Harvest, was normally a maximum of E width, unless it was a special order for a single customer. Being your size, I can understand your frustration, but you can’t find what is not there.

hamercha

Reaction score
Hanover and Mason made eee widths, but the pickings are slim. Florsheim made eee but not for every style. Like the Golden Harvest, was normally a maximum of E width, unless it was a special order for a single customer. Being your size, I can understand your frustration, but you can’t find what is not there.
Alden made most of its style in EEE. AE also made several in EEE as well.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As a fellow EEE'er, I feel the pain.

Instead of specific brands, I have searches on ebay for "vintage 8.5eee" and "vintage 8.5 3e."

Those parameters, along with @davidVC 'S list, and this thread's intel, have accounted for 90% of my collection.

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Oshare
I would love to find me a pair of Duckie boots from the collection in my size, because of the fact they’re made in India. I wore made in India Cole Haan boots on my first visit to Varanasi and it won’t be my last visit there

@vestbash
I can’t seem to find the site, I tried to at the time of posting the image and also why I said apparently, cause I can’t find the article

@Nealjpage
I don’t believe that says Cole and Haan, but Cole and Haag which something different. I don’t have much info on the brand because every time a mention comes up it gets sidetracked, speaking of which.. does anyone own a vintage Cole Haan LWB? Seems everyone and their grandma made a pair but them

@mormonopoly
If there not already someone I’d like to be the first to sign up for a paid subscription to your watchlist, sir. I’m sort of joking but not at the same time

These are not 40s or as rare, the spady-nes of these seems to vary by pair also. 9.5 not in my size but I picked them up thinking the price was okay (Sellers pictures) View attachment 1543795 View attachment 1543796
Cole and Haag? Huh. I thought it was just a listing error. I can't find much on this Haag fellow.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep. I've had luck with Hanover: I have a pair of shell PTB and LWB (sadly, the latter cracked horribly :/).

Sad on the Golden Harvest, honestly, as I need a tan shoe, and what better than the GH?

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can find only a handful of references to Cole & Haag, but here is an advert in which they are listed from 1984 in Fort Worth TX.

View attachment 1544045
They must've been a value brand, then. (Though, adjusted for inflation, $59.95 is approximately $150 today. The AE adjusted for inflation would now be about $300. Sounds about right.)

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a fellow EEE'er, I feel the pain.

Instead of specific brands, I have searches on ebay for "vintage 8.5eee" and "vintage 8.5 3e."

Those parameters, along with @davidVC 'S list, and this thread's intel, have accounted for 90% of my collection.

Thanks! I will definitely try this.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep. I've had luck with Hanover: I have a pair of shell PTB and LWB (sadly, the latter cracked horribly :/).

Sad on the Golden Harvest, honestly, as I need a tan shoe, and what better than the GH?

Not to rub salt into the wound, I found a pair of GH in 9eee. They were custom made. They fit more like 8.5eee.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics