• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keeping an eye on these,too pricey for their condition IMO. I’m perplexed however that I can’t find them in the vintage AE catalogs though I swear I’ve seen them in one before. They seem to be from the 60’s with the “Nailess Cushioned Heel” but no mention of “Ostendo”.They are the “Saddle”,pre Polo or Oakmont or Shelton etc. Anyone have info on these?
I've seen a few pairs of those for sale, too, but I haven't found much info on them.

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woof. That's about all I can say right now.

20201122_221227.jpg

20201122_221206.jpg

20201122_221246.jpg

These suckers lived a hard life.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keeping an eye on these,too pricey for their condition IMO. I’m perplexed however that I can’t find them in the vintage AE catalogs though I swear I’ve seen them in one before. They seem to be from the 60’s with the “Nailess Cushioned Heel” but no mention of “Ostendo”.They are the “Saddle”,pre Polo or Oakmont or Shelton etc. Anyone have info on these?
Why not make a low-ball offer?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Ok-this is probably the only reason that I’m interested in some beat up saddle shoes-because they kinda reminded me of one of my elusive grail/unicorn shoes-The Morgan! Which is what this totally misidentified “Tulane” actually is!—if you examine the eyelets closely you will see that this is not calfskin-confirmed by the model number-but black shell Cordovan!—-however,to make me extremely bummed,they are a size that fits NO ONE- -7.5B?!?! I can’t even gift them!:brick: Behold
View attachment 1502619

Those are very cool. Bummer about the sizing!... the style I am passively watching for is the opposite, ie. shell vamps with a shark saddle.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's an auction. Can't make an offer. Or can you?

I have messaged sellers, even where it's an auction. I make an offer, and usually get a response.
It's less risk for the seller to get rid of item right away. But then the buyer loses the high of the auction.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have messaged sellers, even where it's an auction. I make an offer, and usually get a response.
It's less risk for the seller to get rid of item right away. But then the buyer loses the high of the auction.

True. I almost always offer directly to the seller when there is an auction. They usually take the offer.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi guys:
Back home and in bed. I feel like I’ve been run over by a truck and then he backed up and did it again. Nice and warm and very sleepy. Love those meds. ?
I’ll be back when I feel more coherent.
kilowatts

A pillow is man's best medicine. Get some rest and then back on your feet soon.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just realized where I had heard Neil Page before.

View attachment 1503088
Yep. More than 20 years ago my college roommate decided that I needed a web-based email address so that he could forward dirty pictures to me (our school email system was a text-based green screen format). He established a Yahoo account for me using Steve Martin's character as my username. I've used it as my online handle ever since.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics