• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were a great pair. They sold for $1000 in the 1992 catalog. They were certainly high end shoes at the time.
$1000 for the calfskin or the alligator? If the latter then probably a better value then most nowadays.

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
I tried bidding on these rare Banisters. Bidding jump from $56 to $212 in the last minute.

1603679889092.png

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
When you look at the bidding in that auction, the seller and bidders aren't strangers with each other. Makes you wonder. Several bidders with >25% activity with this particular seller.

I once got into a BIG issue with a seller over something like this, which I noticed only after completing the purchase. I'm not even sure what got me to look into it...nobody forced me to bid what I did it just seemed off to me. Anyway, this is a good tip. Watch out for this type of bid activity.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
exactly... seller is a scammer most likely. the odds of this being legit are slim to none.

edit: on further review, i am not sure this isnt legitimate. in this case, the bidders appear to have only bid on this item of the seller's just with more than one bid which makes the %s look high. The low feedback is a bit of a red flag but I suspect it's a legit auction and just a reflection of relative rarity / condition why the price shot up late in the auction. Hard to say with certainty on this one.

Last edited:

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is 9.5 narrow? I've never seen any of these in the wild.

View attachment 1484580

Not my listing.

Not I.

Those are ugly ass squared toe monstrosities, though. Like, what the hell are those? Jesus.

davidVC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks, I never knew it was a regency. I was into vintage shoes for awhile and found several pair over the years, never in my exact size though. Might pick up the hunt again after about a 10 year break...once I get on with some downsizing.

Any pictures of those you've come across?

In addition to a nice J&M Hand Made, the New Englander in (10.5 D) from Edwin Clapp is high on my grail list.

Edwin Clapp New Englander Rehab 6.jpg
Edwin Clapp Black New Englanders 1.jpg

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Back to basics today. Florsheim 93602, date coded June 77 or 87.

IMG_9572.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads