• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kilowatts

Reaction score
The summer just won't die. Or it's going out with a roar.

In the mornings, I can wear pants and shoes. Afternoons I transition to shorts and sandals.

Pulled out my Florsheim PTBs. The sole protectors and new rubber heels make these so much easier to wear. I no longer give the skating performance on slippery floors.

View attachment 1464485 View attachment 1464486
Florsheim PTBs are hard to beat, Suit.
kilowatts

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure why the seller put Kowloon in the title, but I’m fairly certain mason wasn’t making shoes for Lee Kee.

If I had to put my money, I would say no chance. But I've learned that anything is possible when humans are involved.

Thanks for confirming my common sense is somewhat sound.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These poor Florsheim LWB are the first 93605 I purchased for myself. They are also an excellent example of my evolution as a Florsheim collector. I was so excited to find 93605 in my size (relatively) that I didn’t use a critical eye in evaluating them. This was at least 7-8 years ago.

They remind me of buying a car for the first time (by myself). I have a certain emotional attachment to them. They are starting to show many signs of being worn out. They were worn and maybe loved (Perhaps a little carelessly). They have a half sole replacement. The Shell is not dry, but one eyelet is cracking through.

They are, in sum, pretty much ready to be retired. I can’t bear to let them go just yet. I’m sure someday parts of the Shell that can be saved will be repurposed somehow.

These shoes are also the perfect object lesson for buyers. Don’t rush. Wait for the right pair and buy the absolute best condition one can afford.

Anyway, here they are. Born 1966, the intervening years are showing their age.

41EF874B-9F4E-4096-A51D-80692CDA1D95.jpeg
B3647A8D-C7E8-4BD7-ACF2-45EDE55A64D8.jpeg
74F86149-BC1C-49D6-8FEB-36DAEA9604BA.jpeg

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think these are really 1940s? hmmm. Pretty amazingly preserved if so. (I really have to go mow the grass and not look at shoes)

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mormonopoly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think these are really 1940s? hmmm. Pretty amazingly preserved if so. (I really have to go mow the grass and not look at shoes)

I think they look more late 50s by the style. Super cool design.

kilowatts

Reaction score
Hi Guys:

Re Noble's post: I have a quick story to tell regarding the emotional attachment we have to things.....

Years ago, in another life, I owned an Auction facility. We did lots of estates that is to say, dad dies, kids get us to clear the house, sell, charge commission and haulage and give them a cheque. Everybody's happy right.
One day a pair of twin ladies around 45ish came in for the same reason. Mom died, they lived in Ottawa and can we do our thing? While I was getting the paperwork ready they started violently arguing about things in the estate like "Mom said I could have this, not you", etc. I said, put it all in the auction and if you want it, bid on it, you'll get paid out the next day so what difference does it make.
Came the auction day they never bid on a thing. After the sale I asked why and they both replied, "Well we liked the items but not that much!"
So in fact, we all love everything until someone pays too much and then we love the money more, eh?

kilowatts

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally found a pair of 96624 in my size. Seller accepted my offer of 75 plus shipping. I also had some credits on my PayPal account. So these basically paid for themselves.

Screenshot_20200924-155537_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200924-155546_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200924-155552_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200924-155605_Samsung Internet.jpg

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that eBay hasn't pulled the listing since turtle is now contraband. Also, they ship from Nairobi, so I would be cautious.
Agree. Too small for me and the Nairobi thing is too worrisome anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads