• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone needs these Alden 990s in 12 D get at me.
B3CF7072-92A8-4733-A622-BC5C0778273C_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

happypebble

Reaction score
Here is what many people imagine when they think of Florsheim. They are not my style. But, they were wildly popular for a long time and remember old guys saying the Florsheim Como was the most comfortable shoes they owned.

I just read that Michael Jackson wore the Como in many videos and concerts. I’m not sure that is a selling point, but it it is a note of shoe trivia.

View attachment 1462137 View attachment 1462138 View attachment 1462139 View attachment 1462140 View attachment 1462141
I really like Comos. I have pairs in white, mahogany and black cherry. Should probly grab a pair in black. Super comfortable. I suppose they're old man-ish, but they were popular for a reason.

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

happypebble

Reaction score
Plz indulge a brief off topic moment. I am Pumpkin! I am the Golden Harvest of cats! #Fluffy
20200920_120523.jpg

Last edited:

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In honor of the successful conclusion (skip to the recap at 24:45 if needed) today of this year’s Tour de France, and of finally having some clean air to breathe, I did a hilly ride on my road bike just now wearing these thrifted Shimano SPD road shoes for the first time.
C31FBAFC-7411-450F-8CCD-2F3462CA56B9.jpeg
Alberto Contador rode this Trek Madone frame in a smaller size to victory in the TDF, Giro d’Italia and the Vuelta de Espana, hence the colored stripes on the seatpost. I bought it new locally at a scandalously low close out price of about $2500 five years ago and love the compact gear set. Four fewer teeth on each of the front chainrings make it easier to climb hills, at the expense of less top speed in sprints, which I don’t do anyway.

Last edited:

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a nos or near nos pair of 92604s I could part with in an 8e.
I am honored but I imagine that something that nice is out of my league. ;)

Edited to clarify: Something NOS is probably too nice for my feet.

Last edited:

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Joe Wohkittel

Reaction score
A NOS pair of 92604s and NIB pair of 93602s are on ebay ending today. I want them and it's driving me nuts. Every hour I change my mind. At 2:30 I thought "the are a 'c', that means they ought to sell for under the going rate for a 'd'. They are getting pretty rare" (sets sniper). At 3:30 "you already have at least 4 NOS pairs of each, and at least 1 NIB pair of each. In no way do you need them. Wait for something even more rare like those damn Concords you should have bought, or the new bookcases you desperately need." :decisions:
I resisted temptation. The black pair sold for ~$180 and brown (the NIB pair) for ~$220. Some lucky fellow got some great shoes for their money.

Joe Wohkittel

Reaction score
I am honored but I imagine that something that nice is out of my league. ;)

Edited to clarify: Something NOS is probably too nice for my feet.
"NOS/ too nice to wear" does create a dilema. But if they are "near" NOS (to me = shopwear or someone wore them around the house, but the guilded Florsheim crest is still on the sole), is fundamentally different. If you change your mind, let me know! I'm a reasonable guy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads