• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thomas Crown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he really liked shoes. He had doubles and triples of some styles. I just got off the phone with him and apparently he was holding out on me.

He had another buyer swoop in and get the rest of his collection. A total of 31 pair!!!! Was it one of you all?

He did say I got all the Florsheim Shell Cordovan. But, the other buyer got AE Shell Cordovan.

He said he still has quite a few that he is keeping. I asked him to keep me in mind in the future.

I sure would like to go to his estate sale (not soon, I’m not wishing anything bad).

Hell, one day some group like this might be talking about my estate sale! There will definitely be shoes! I’m only 47, so I think I have plenty of time.

My wife does know that when I die, I should be buried in the nicest pair of Shell Cordovan shoes I own at the time.

She wants to take her Louis Vuitton with her, but we have three daughters that will argue that point.
As a religious thrifter I’m obsessed with the idea that all cool stuff needs to be passed on to a worthy appreciator who will “keep em flying” therefore my best shoes will be scavenged by the likes of you guys or your disciples. For my burial I have reserved a pair of thrifted Steve Madden black CG square toed atrocities ?

happypebble

Reaction score
20200920_100704.jpg

Today I'm trying to convince myself summer is finally over with by not wearing Birkenstocks like yesterday, but proper Cordwainer Wrights. These are almost due for new heel toplifts...tempted to have that done and add v cleats.

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Florsheim Imperial blucher in a short wing-very cool. I like that style as an occasional change from the beloved long wings. The English seem to favor it. Also in a very iconic example,John McHale’s Canadian battlecruiser which I was inspired to break out on a gorgeous early fall day in Milwaukee -though I think they’re due for a welt cleaning and sole edging-a worthy project for the day! View attachment 1461991 View attachment 1462000 View attachment 1462003
I simply must find myself a pair of these.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I simply must find myself a pair of these.

What size are you? I suspect most John McHales are in Canadian thrift stores or in someone's collection. I can keep an eye out for you. Though JM prices are usually high.

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What size are you? I suspect most John McHales are in Canadian thrift stores or in someone's collection. I can keep an eye out for you. Though JM prices are usually high.
Typically a US 8.5D. Though based on my recent purchases, I'm beginning to suspect that I'm actually an 8E. In a traditional 93602, both 7.5D and 8D are too snug; in a 92611, my feet swim in an 8.5D.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need help reading the Branick device. I’m getting my brother some vintage Florsheims for his 50th birthday. I asked him to go get measured, and the sales person at Nordstrom told him that he wears a 9D. I don’t think that’s possible. He tried on several pairs of my 9Ds and he’s swimming in them. He has very flat feet. Any thoughts?
832F8EC2-C174-458D-9908-69E4661FD05E.jpeg
882D4873-C043-4720-8B51-1A8947E021C5.jpeg

happypebble

Reaction score
Nice shoes; love the carpet. :-D
Nice, isn't it? It's an area rug my wife found somewhere. Underneath it is the most boring, low quality gray carpeting you can imagine; whatever the management of this apartment complex could find cheapest.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spotted last night. Pretty sure AE never made women's shoes.

View attachment 1462116

One would think that, given their current offerings for men, but there was a time AE also made shoes for ladies. I have seen several pairs. Such as this one on Ebay right now.

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 4.03.54 PM.png

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need help reading the Branick device. I’m getting my brother some vintage Florsheims for his 50th birthday. I asked him to go get measured, and the sales person at Nordstrom told him that he wears a 9D. I don’t think that’s possible. He tried on several pairs of my 9Ds and he’s swimming in them. He has very flat feet. Any thoughts? View attachment 1462117 View attachment 1462118

Try 9C or 8.5D.

Like all of us, one foot is a 9, and other likely 8.5.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is what many people imagine when they think of Florsheim. They are not my style. But, they were wildly popular for a long time and remember old guys saying the Florsheim Como was the most comfortable shoes they owned.

I just read that Michael Jackson wore the Como in many videos and concerts. I’m not sure that is a selling point, but it it is a note of shoe trivia.

1CA95987-C24D-4CF8-81A7-4BF3B2753835.jpeg
9F68A0B3-F750-4F8F-BC7F-3BE1DD3703AF.jpeg
3C30B162-3FAC-45E4-BD85-4C702AD596D7.jpeg
7AEE646B-2B05-4C3C-93FD-315D268DF9D3.jpeg
DC40F6DF-BF52-43AB-B5A9-4C89A3A0530B.jpeg

Last edited:

Joe Wohkittel

Reaction score
A NOS pair of 92604s and NIB pair of 93602s are on ebay ending today. I want them and it's driving me nuts. Every hour I change my mind. At 2:30 I thought "the are a 'c', that means they ought to sell for under the going rate for a 'd'. They are getting pretty rare" (sets sniper). At 3:30 "you already have at least 4 NOS pairs of each, and at least 1 NIB pair of each. In no way do you need them. Wait for something even more rare like those damn Concords you should have bought, or the new bookcases you desperately need." :decisions:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A NOS pair of 92604s and NIB pair of 93602s are on ebay ending today. I want them and it's driving me nuts. Every hour I change my mind. At 2:30 I thought "the are a 'c', that means they ought to sell for under the going rate for a 'd'. They are getting pretty rare" (sets sniper). At 3:30 "you already have at least 4 NOS pairs of each, and at least 1 NIB pair of each. In no way do you need them. Wait for something even more rare like those damn Concords you should have bought, or the new bookcases you desperately need." :decisions:

Are you talking about the 11C?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads