• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the record I scrub the insides with saddle soap.

I use "cancer-in-a-can" to disinfect used shoes that are new to me. This is the same stuff bowling alleys use to disinfect shoes. But if you read all the warnings on the side, it may have more risks than you're willing to take. I use it outside on the patio.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dacks wholecuts in kudu. Very comfortable and last is generous. Maiden voyage.
20200915_172612.jpg
20200915_172607.jpg

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tell myself I’m ok with wearing NOS pairs as I have added several to the rotation, but I still have 40 NOS pairs, so maybe I really do have a NOS problem.

I missed this the first time. 40 Pair! Of NOS?

I’m not throwing stones from my glass house. But, that sounds like a lot! That’s incredible.

I feel your pain.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tell myself I’m ok with wearing NOS pairs as I have added several to the rotation, but I still have 40 NOS pairs, so maybe I really do have a NOS problem.

40 NOS? I should declare you a vintage shoe God. Wow.

How many pairs do you own, in total?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been finding my son's friend some nice saddle shoes because I come across his size and not mine. These look like aligator on calf but I can't make the number match with wasmisterfu's polo list. Looks almost like it was written in. Please advise.
1600218283791.png

1600218303822.png

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we talk about Leather Honey for a moment? I have more than a few pairs of shoes with petrified leather insoles that seem impervious to traditional conditioners like glycerin saddle soap, Bick 4, and/or neatsfoot oil. Would LH help soften them up a bit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads