• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man so these 93605a bloom like crazy. Before and after brushing. This is only after sitting for a few weeks.
View attachment 1439893

Btw, any tips on what product to use to remove any wax or polish that may be left in these? So far it's just been bick 4 and lots of elbow grease. But I feel like there is some slight build up in some areas. I don't want to strip any finish.

Possibly saddle soap? I think renomat is ok for shell but I would double check that and use with care if you do.

Hard to tell from photos but they don’t look like they have much wax build up.

The bick 4 applications could actually result in the bloom. If the shell is saturated with oils/waxes the excess comes to the surface as bloom. A good wipe down with a damp cloth and regular brushing should help reduce the blooming.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday vintage Florsheim loafers. Looking forward to the weekend!

20200814.jpg

Joe Wohkittel

Reaction score
The Stratford. Despite preferring the color on the brown pair to the right, I'm going to sell them because they are a bit small. Size 8D. No low ball offers, please, but I will pass non-ebay savings on to the buyer (~20%). The NOS black Concord in 8D I wanted sold for $575, but it took a while and I have no idea if demand is comparable. The NIB pairs are not for sale.
IMG_20200814_141659024.jpg
IMG_20200814_141726290.jpg
Polish_20200814_142101926.jpg

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
The Stratford. Despite preferring the color on the brown pair to the right, I'm going to sell them because they are a bit small. Size 8D. No low ball offers, please, but I will pass non-ebay savings on to the buyer (~20%). The NOS black Concord in 8D I wanted sold for $575, but it took a while and I have no idea if demand is comparable. The NIB pairs are not for sale. View attachment 1441061 View attachment 1441062 View attachment 1441069

Are they all size 8?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wanted to get this out as wearing anything more than flip flops, cowboy or hiking boots or a surfboard is a rarity; some thrifted J&M oxfords for church. Basically dusted off, sprayed inside for fungi and worn! View attachment 1440589

One that is missing in my collection.

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
Maintenance question.

I store my shoes and vintage shoes in the garage. What kind of heat can they stand for long term storage.

1597451058462.png

The weather here has heat wave for a week. The garage will probably get to 150F. Would be shoes be fine with that temperature?

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maintenance question.

I store my shoes and vintage shoes in the garage. What kind of heat can they stand for long term storage.

View attachment 1441202

The weather here has heat wave for a week. The garage will probably get to 150F. Would be shoes be fine with that temperature?
Boy, that's pretty hot for leather.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dry too, if @Hotel Cali is in California. I live by the Bay in a town that has cooler than average weather and it felt like an oven outside today. I think a high temperature environment in a garage with low humidity might effectively be a kiln and dry out shoes, especially shell. My $0.02.
+1 on the heat - 104 in Palo Alto today - and the effect on shoes.

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
Dry too, if @Hotel Cali is in California. I live by the Bay in a town that has cooler than average weather and it felt like an oven outside today. I think a high temperature environment in a garage with low humidity might effectively be a kiln and dry out shoes, especially shell. My $0.02.

Yes, Sacramento County of California. 110F today.

May I will put some standing water to aid humidity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads