• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pricing it like a 93631X, depending on a few factors, I think you wouldn't have much trouble getting $300-$350. Slightly more with patience, good photos, a willingness to ship to Japan etc...
Lol, yeah, pretty sure the Japanese market wouldn’t be interested in my pair.

So what sizes would command that price?

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Half way there; Alden 994. Suggestions to clean the inside of the shoe? Thought I'd ask before experimenting. And the left just has renovateur on it (and brushing). How much of significant difference will the Saphir cordovan cream or other that you suggest make? Thanks, guys.
61540173944__25E98CD2-6596-4283-8187-F1B9F7581B65.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Half way there; Alden 994. Suggestions to clean the inside of the shoe? Thought I'd ask before experimenting. And the left just has renovateur on it (and brushing). How much of significant difference will the Saphir cordovan cream or other that you suggest make? Thanks, guys.
View attachment 1417757
View attachment 1417758

For interior of shoes, I use either Lysol wipes, or non alcoholic wet wipes.

I find the latter to be rather effective. The chemicals break down grease and smells. I mean, I use them to clean my kids, so I assume the chemicals aren't that harsh.

Then again, in 30 years I might be joining a class action for an ingredient that is cancer causing.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1417757
View attachment 1417758
I'd be pretty happy with a pair that looks like the left one in the 2nd pic myself. Not sure that any cordovan creme would add much to improve the appearance, but the Saphir cordovan creme would help condition them (if it was me, I'd use the neutral rather than the cordovan color version on these).

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For interior of shoes, I use either Lysol wipes, or non alcoholic wet wipes.

I find the latter to be rather effective. The chemicals break down grease and smells. I mean, I use them to clean my kids, so I assume the chemicals aren't that harsh.

Then again, in 30 years I might be joining a class action for an ingredient that is cancer causing.
Well, 10 second cancer in a can literally has half the can devoted to warnings. If you read the fine print, it basically says you can’t actually use the product on anything for any reason.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where is the page with Alden lasts and fit? Can I bookmark it? I've searched inside and outside SF and I can't locate it. Thanks.

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, 10 second cancer in a can literally has half the can devoted to warnings. If you read the fine print, it basically says you can’t actually use the product on anything for any reason.
What is cancer in a can and where can one buy it?

Asking for a "friend."

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where is the page with Alden lasts and fit? Can I bookmark it? I've searched inside and outside SF and I can't locate it. Thanks.
There's also this
And of course the first page of the Alden threads.
Unfortunately, Neo hasn't made an Alden equivalent to his AE last guide

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's some odd branding. Is this actually what you use for disinfecting shoes?
I only use it on REALLY suspect shoes that have that “basement mold” smell. I’ve only had two pair with that issue, both were 25 dollar bargain hunts.

Normally I wipe the interior thoroughly with isopropyl, followed by a leather conditioner. But sometimes you need to nuke the site from orbit, as it’s the only way to be sure.

(Edit: I added the “Do Not Huff”... you know, in case anyone here was tempted.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads