• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

right_hook

Reaction score
There's gotta be a similar meme for shoe heads, but 30 of Googling didn't produce results and I gave up.

View attachment 1415154

I thought it will be fun to search for such meme. But what I've got hadn't been fun at all. Google showed me device in form of foot with builded ****** in it. One of those devices suited to store in empty cardboard shoe box according to @wasmisterfu
I will never never try to find dating with shoes memes again...

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I (really) hate to ask this... but you mentioned yours were a lace-up version. I’m having trouble visualizing what they could possibly look like: can you post a picture, so that my OCD addled brain can put this question to rest?

Just be sure to spoiler it, that way @smfdoc doesn’t kick me off the thread for instigating posts of awful non-vintage shoes (something I’m probably on probation for already).

All probation on the thread is secret. Multiple offenses result in "double secret probation."

happypebble

Reaction score
I (really) hate to ask this... but you mentioned yours were a lace-up version. I’m having trouble visualizing what they could possibly look like: can you post a picture, so that my OCD addled brain can put this question to rest?

Just be sure to spoiler it, that way @smfdoc doesn’t kick me off the thread for instigating posts of awful non-vintage shoes (something I’m probably on probation for already).
So how do you spoiler things anyway? Technologically challenged here.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI: Definitely the made in USA variety. They don't seem to be "patent leather" either. At $50, I'd buy them in my size.

It's been more than 12 hours and these beautiful specimens are still available. WTAF?

Brothers with 10D feet -- if it fits, it ships.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Acknowledging the ratholes we frequently find ourselves falling into is the first step to recovery (or the first attempt to get someone else to validate that what we did was wholly appropriate and not unexpected).

I just ordered a 1969 Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) uniform shirt to go with the RCMP boots I bought from @Jiqea a few months back. I regularly search the Bay for RCMP uniform / RCMP jacket. I am looking for the red coat to wear unironically with my boots. Figured a uniform shirt would suit the overall look when I finally track it down. Still debating riding breeches or just super skinny khakis.

I am still kicking myself for not buying the RCMP oilskin overcoat that was available a couple months ago. Size XL. Most RCMP gear I can find are Mediums. Are Canadians really that small?

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today’s WTF listing on eBay, is an empty box, for 28 bucks shipped.

That’s right, you can buy an empty Allen Edmonds box, all your own, right now, for 19.99 (plus 8 bucks shipping).

Keep in mind, it’s not New In Box (?!) condition, as the box has some scrapes. But it’s a nice, blue, Allen Edmonds box, perfect for storing smaller empty boxes.

WyyWNwA.jpg

Yeah, okay, it comes with an empty dust bag also. Ya know what it doesn’t come with? Shoes.
For about $20 more AE will send a box with shoes in it!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Acknowledging the ratholes we frequently find ourselves falling into is the first step to recovery (or the first attempt to get someone else to validate that what we did was wholly appropriate and not unexpected).

I just ordered a 1969 Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) uniform shirt to go with the RCMP boots I bought from @Jiqea a few months back. I regularly search the Bay for RCMP uniform / RCMP jacket. I am looking for the red coat to wear unironically with my boots. Figured a uniform shirt would suit the overall look when I finally track it down. Still debating riding breeches or just super skinny khakis.

I am still kicking myself for not buying the RCMP oilskin overcoat that was available a couple months ago. Size XL. Most RCMP gear I can find are Mediums. Are Canadians really that small?

Most of the RCMP officers were, how should I say this... fit and likely had flat abs. So medium or large were likely the average sizes.

I should note my dad bod has been really getting out of hand. Excessive eating, snacking, and lounging around. Whereas RCMP officers are still running and walking per their duties.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A well conceived plan, sir. Might I ask, does the award for first place happen to be a pair of shoes?
Box tissue. I can’t get anyone to sponsor a sham of a context like the same me I dreamed up. Still, bragging right are worth a lot to me.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So how do you spoiler things anyway? Technologically challenged here.

Spoilering a post is easy. To place content within a spoiler, look up to the tool bar for the icon with 3 dots and a down arrow. That is the insert tools.
Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 6.46.16 PM.png

Click the down arrow to reveal the selections and select Spoiler.

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 6.46.30 PM.png

When you select spoiler, it will open a box for the title of your spoiler. Enter the name of your spoiler button. (You do not have to write "Spoiler" as that is automatically inserted.

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 6.48.43 PM.png

Click "Cintinue and it will place the Spolier code onto your post as seen below. The cursor will be automatically placed just ahead of the end of the spoiler code, as seen below.

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 6.49.08 PM.png

Since the cursor is in the correct location, hit return a few times to create some space. It will look like this.

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 6.49.26 PM.png

Now, just insert an image or text in the space you have created. Then save your post. The spoiler will appear and work. I have spoilered an image here for demo purposes.

IMG_8947.jpg

Last edited:

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thrifted a pair not long ago. The construction appears to be very nice, and I love the design. The problem is that the leather is an especially horrible corrected grain, at least on the smooth leather models. They also made them in a very nice pebble grain.
Man oh man, why does Cole Haan do stuff like this!?!? And they’re always doing stuff like this: almost making a legit shoe, not quite.

They clearly went to someplace that could put together a nice shoe, then they designed (or recreated) a nifty spade oxford wingtip... and then they sourced crap-looking leather for the upper:
weGTHW0.jpg

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Why Cole Haan!? Why?

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoilering a post is easy. To place content within a spoiler, look up to the tool bar for the icon with 3 dots and a down arrow. That is the insert tools.
View attachment 1415378

Click the down arrow to reveal the selections and select Spoiler.

View attachment 1415379

When you select spoiler, it will open a box for the title of your spoiler. Enter the name of your spoiler button. (You do not have to write "Spoiler" as that is automatically inserted.

View attachment 1415383

Click "Cintinue and it will place the Spolier code onto your post as seen below. The cursor will be automatically placed just ahead of the end of the spoiler code, as seen below.

View attachment 1415382

Since the cursor is in the correct location, hit return a few times to create some space. It will look like this.

View attachment 1415381

Now, just insert an image or text in the space you have created. Then save your post. The spoiler will appear and work. I have spoilered an image here for demo purposes.

Who goes to the trouble to BBQ 10 wings?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads