• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been a while! Welcome back. Are you joining the 2020 revival challenge?
Thanks suit! It has been a while -- working from home has moved me from wearing stuff as much, which has translated to less time on SF (although that is more from work kicking my butt even more these days!). Can you remind me the details on the 2020 revival challenge? I had a great time in the inaugural one.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks suit! It has been a while -- working from home has moved me from wearing stuff as much, which has translated to less time on SF (although that is more from work kicking my butt even more these days!). Can you remind me the details on the 2020 revival challenge? I had a great time in the inaugural one.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Very excited about a pair of Florsheim 92612s that I found. I had some concerns about the condition but a cursory assessment suggests that they have good bones. They are from 1968. I suppose a very appropriate vintage given our current turbulent times. Pics to follow.

As found... More to come -- will try to do some work on them tonight.

20200603_164949.jpg

Last edited:

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Way Before/Before/After

Here is a pair of Cordwainer Wright that I bought about two years ago (first picture is how they looked when they arrived). I attempted to strip them and add a new finish (photos 2 and 3) and failed miserably.

I was so disappointed that I almost threw them away but ended up putting them in my closet and basically forgot about them for 2 years.

I had a pair of boots that needed a resole and I figured that I would bring these (plus another vintage pair) to Tobias Crislip at Professional Cobblers by Wyatt & Dad in Durham.

As you can see in the final picture, he did an incredible job!

5329A4CF-7CE8-40EB-8CB8-3A875C5E47EF.jpeg
14E1B55F-ABE2-461C-AB40-B824A6F7D8CE.jpeg
4E354A4C-AADE-413A-B1FC-2C6C9BF4CDF2.jpeg
F79E5CA8-CF16-43C9-91B9-9E737B275D48.jpeg

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is the other pair that Tobias fixed up for me.

1960s French Shriner Genuine Alligator Algonquins. Like the Cordwainer, I bought these 2 years ago and never got around to fixing them. You can see in the before photos, there was a gouge along the blucher on the right shoe.

Can’t wait to get these back in action!

0B5FFA49-5DAB-41E8-8E60-CD9BE043A538.jpeg
742D27A0-7994-49A4-853D-3B93C3C8FB16.jpeg
0C2DF198-3494-4BDD-8CAF-7407DBAE523B.jpeg

Last edited:

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nettleton Traditionals, but what the actual frick are these things? (not my listing)

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Nettleton Traditionals, but what the actual frick are these things? (not my listing)

Still doesnt match the alligator eye shoes or whatever those insane things were that @wasmisterfu keeps in the back of his pocket. As for these nettletons... I like nettleton but that's a bit beyond my ability to pull off. :)

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still doesnt match the alligator eye shoes or whatever those insane things were that @wasmisterfu keeps in the back of his pocket. As for these nettletons... I like nettleton but that's a bit beyond my ability to pull off. :)
Sir, I object to the insinuation that I keep such things anywhere, including my back pocket. Also, it’d be very uncomfortable to carry those in my back pocket, and would totally ruin the line of my suit.
PYU5QmQ.jpg

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Way Before/Before/After

Here is a pair of Cordwainer Wright that I bought about two years ago (first picture is how they looked when they arrived). I attempted to strip them and add a new finish (photos 2 and 3) and failed miserably.

I was so disappointed that I almost threw them away but ended up putting them in my closet and basically forgot about them for 2 years.

I had a pair of boots that needed a resole and I figured that I would bring these (plus another vintage pair) to Tobias Crislip at Professional Cobblers by Wyatt & Dad in Durham.

giphy.gif

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Way Before/Before/After

View attachment 1399958 View attachment 1399959 View attachment 1399960 View attachment 1399961

Nice. I think I have that exact model in the closet. I haven’t even started to clean it up. How are they for comfort?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads