• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nikolau

Reaction score
On the note of tassel loafers- what do you folks think about Church’s/Cheaney’s “Royal Tweed” line? Are these from before or after the buyout? When these were on the market, what level was this product line on?

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the note of tassel loafers- what do you folks think about Church’s/Cheaney’s “Royal Tweed” line? Are these from before or after the buyout? When these were on the market, what level was this product line on?

A B-brand to Church's. I think they were an independent company, then were bought by Church's and continued making shoes under their own name. The examples I've handled didn't have quite the same quality as the Church's Custom Grade shoes I own or have sold. They do have some shell models though, so still worth searching for.

Last edited:

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey gentlemen, can anyone tell me a bit about Taylor Made Imperial cordovan shoes?
I have a pair. They seem to be nicely made, but there's not as much info out there on them. I would presume that their cordovan shoes were made circa 1940 through circa 1960.

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Following the "tassel loafers are the best loafers" theme. Not mine and too wide for my feet but these seem like a good deal.

Screenshot_20200531-204826_eBay.jpg

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Monday everyone. Returning from a bit of a media vacation over the weekend. A mental health pause if you will...

My apologies if this has been covered before, but I just can't recall - does anyone have an opinion on the best brand/color shoe cream for a vintage Florsheim 93603 PTB? I had some success cleaning up the pair from last week, but they need to have some color restored.

Edit: Got the correct model number now

TIA

Last edited:

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Monday everyone. Returning from a bit of a media vacation over the weekend. A mental health pause if you will...

My apologies if this has been covered before, but I just can't recall - does anyone have an opinion on the best brand/color shoe cream for a vintage Florsheim 93606 PTB? I had some success cleaning up the pair from last week, but they need to have some color restored.

TIA
I use Saphir cordovan cream. I know others use AE brand cordovan cream. The latter is less expensive. EDIT: I use Collinil nuetral cream for shine too.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My apologies if this has been covered before, but I just can't recall - does anyone have an opinion on the best brand/color shoe cream for a vintage Florsheim 93606 PTB? I had some success cleaning up the pair from last week, but they need to have some color restored.

TIA
I use Saphir cordovan cream. I know others use AE brand cordovan cream. The latter is less expensive.

I have used the AE cordovan cream before. I also tried the burgundy colored Collonil 1909 cream. Link. I liked it as well. The burgundy is one of the options on the page.

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Saphir cordovan cream. I know others use AE brand cordovan cream. The latter is less expensive.
I have used the AE cordovan cream before. I also tried the burgundy colored Collonil 1909 cream. Link. I liked it as well. The burgundy is one of the options on the page.
Apologies all - I meant Florsheim 93603 PTB. This goes to show that it's not wise to post on a Monday morning before your third cup of coffee.
Photo Jun 01, 10 18 10 AM.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black cap toes with jeans. Who says it can't be done?

Canadian made Dacks. These are 8.5G which is a snug fit. Likely closer to 8.5EE or a tight 8.5EEE.

Wishing you all a great week ahead. I hope everyone is staying safe during this turmoil.
20200601_104111.jpg
20200601_104121.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies all - I meant Florsheim 93603 PTB. This goes to show that it's not wise to post on a Monday morning before your third cup of coffee.
View attachment 1398917

It looks like you really cleaned out the vamps. What process and poisons did you use? Give us a rundown. Talk dirty to us.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

My apologies if this has been covered before, but I just can't recall - does anyone have an opinion on the best brand/color shoe cream for a vintage Florsheim 93603 PTB? I had some success cleaning up the pair from last week, but they need to have some color restored.

Edit: Got the correct model number now

TIA

MUCH better. Great job.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Saphir cordovan cream. I know others use AE brand cordovan cream. The latter is less expensive. EDIT: I use Collinil nuetral cream for shine too.

Question about the neutral cream. Is it the neutral conditioner? I can't find it in Canada. Can you post a link, and hopefully one of my cobblers can get some for me.

Thanks in advance.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads