• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are still for sale. Maybe you should offer $300.

View attachment 1395937

Not to be a pedant, but our seller might consider hiring a copywriter or editor with some of his earnings.

"Please study the pictures really good"

"You are encouraged to observe the pictures really good and make sober judgment for yourself!!!"

"WE DON'T PRESSURE NOBODY!!!"

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Calling all this footed brothers... this came across the transom on the Facebook page that @suitforcourt created:
“Any of my friends on here have pencil feet? specifically 11 AAA? I have come across a cachet of extremely high end Vintage shoes!”
@eTrojan - would these work for you?

Only if I cut off my toes.

[13 A]

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9AA29869-9FF3-4A77-8019-DB351667796A.jpeg
4A02C0B6-BB11-43C6-A07A-92F1687F09EE.jpeg

2 of probably my oldest vintage pairs. Allen Edmonds Empire from 1957. They are basically museum pieces at this point as the leather is brittle and the top-lines are extremely rough.

I worked for Allen Edmonds for about 7 years. At one time had over 70 pairs of AE but have whittled my collection down to 3 pairs - these and early 00’s black park avenue.

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1395209 View attachment 1395210
Is 16 years old enough to be considered vintage? Alden x Arthur Beren Circa 2004 (most likely). Arthur Beren was a long time Alden dealer in San Francisco until closing a few years ago.

They are a Plaza last makeup in a beautiful medium brown scotch grain with the Ram medallion. They were originally made with a white/semi-transparent Commando Sole that Alden offered briefly at one time. It was a very hard rubber compared to the smoke commando soles used today. It was also prone to crack based on my pair. Bill LaRossa in S. Weymouth, Massachusetts resoled these last year with a double leather sole.

The first picture was taken this morning. I deep cleaned these for several hours to remove all the years of gunk that had built up on them. The cleaning revealed a very beautiful shade of brown that was masked by years of grime and darker polish.
So I just confirmed that these are actually from 1994 so slightly more vintage at 26 years old than I thought.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

happypebble

Reaction score
View attachment 1396096
Cordwainer Wright short wing bals. This is my second pair of CW and they are wonderful shoes. Don’t know too much history on the brand other than CW is the top line of E.T. Wright out of Rockland, Ma. Their work/shaping through the arches is amazing.
I have three pairs of Cordwainer Wrights, and in each case they are *so* worth the money. Quality materials. Workmanship/construction is excellent, and the shoes are very comfortable. I recommend the brand without hesitation. Here's one pair:
20200527_141747.jpg

Last edited:

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to be a pedant, but our seller might consider hiring a copywriter or editor with some of his earnings.

"Please study the pictures really good"

"You are encouraged to observe the pictures really good and make sober judgment for yourself!!!"

"WE DON'T PRESSURE NOBODY!!!"
naTLcoU.jpg

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have three pairs of Cordwainer Wrights, and in each case they are *so* worth the money. Quality materials. Workmanship/construction is excellent, and the shoes are very comfortable. I recommend the brand without hesitation. Here's one pair: View attachment 1396316
Fantastic pair

davidVC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1396222 View attachment 1396223
2 of probably my oldest vintage pairs. Allen Edmonds Empire from 1957. They are basically museum pieces at this point as the leather is brittle and the top-lines are extremely rough.

I worked for Allen Edmonds for about 7 years. At one time had over 70 pairs of AE but have whittled my collection down to 3 pairs - these and early 00’s black park avenue.

Wow. Those are amazing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads