• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Calling all this footed brothers... this came across the transom on the Facebook page that @suitforcourt created:
“Any of my friends on here have pencil feet? specifically 11 AAA? I have come across a cachet of extremely high end Vintage shoes!”
@eTrojan - would these work for you?

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, why do we suppose the seller thinks these are worth 30,000 bucks?

EAK7ANz.jpg

I paid fiddy bucks for these:
n27KKOO.jpg

6Vm9Vr3.jpg

Those Geolsweeney’s might be unworn and hand lasted, but they can’t touch a pair of vintage French Shriner & Urner’s when it comes to uber-badass welt execution.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another day in the office.

I hadn't worn these miCanada water bison Florsheims in a while. I should try to include them in my rotation a bit more.

20200527.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

EAK7ANz.jpg

I paid fiddy bucks for these:
n27KKOO.jpg

6Vm9Vr3.jpg

Those Geolsweeney’s might be unworn and hand lasted, but they can’t touch a pair of vintage French Shriner & Urner’s when it comes to uber-badass welt execution.
Plus, the toes are stained!

happypebble

Reaction score
Question: how best to clean white leather shoes? Is there something like that Bleche Wite tire cleaner people use for whitewalls?

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously because they're true antiques: King George V died in 1936, and if these were hand made by this Sweeney dude for George V, they've got to be close to 100 years old. I mean, you wouldn't be making Christmas shoes for a dead King, now, would you?

;)

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question: how best to clean white leather shoes? Is there something like that Bleche Wite tire cleaner people use for whitewalls?
Magic eraser is a good start. Just a suede brush might be enough if suede.
Depending on what it is, some alchohol or saddle soap may work. (I'd skip this if suede)
If persistent, it's probably time for a good shampooing using a stiff toothbrush. You can buy suede leather shampoo, but I've used some wool shampoo before as well. Be sure to dry them fully afterwards.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Someone posted several pairs of vintage shell on ebay. I think the best pair is probably the one below but they are all a fairly low investment if something catches your eye. These are not mine...

Anyway, the ones I think I liked the most were this pair of Hanover saddles. I suspect that they will clean up pretty well. Check the back of the heels for what looks like the start of some cracking in the trim. Also there seems to be some separation in the heel stack but I can't tell if it is just the top lift or the actual stack. They don't look horribly dry and the soles and insoles suggest fairly minimal wear. Unfortunately not even close to my size.

Buckeye20012001

Reaction score
need some advice. I purchased these nwob months back. Posted. This morning I noticed discoloring. What should I do?
I
FA8ABDA4-583F-491E-AC52-CD9DE5700D06.jpeg
no

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads