• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nikolau

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on Copeg shoes and why they apparently command such a high price? The pegging on the sole is... nice, but one of these pairs is priced close to MTO Vass, so I’m not exactly a motivated (or even interested) buyer.

Is this an eBay oddity, or are these shoes somehow incredibly special?
FE40B651-7BA3-491C-92C3-4EA8CCEDEE6D.png

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup, I have a pair of 5th ave’s, just like those, made 2-3 years prior. Highly recommended:

K5JIjcV.jpg

(But if you get that pair on Poshmark, just make sure you hydrate them well before wearing, because those haven’t seen any conditioner since leaving Port Washington, 30 years ago.)

Edit: Man, apples autocorrect has become hyper-aggressive in recent releases; Dear Apple, your context algorithms suck, so stop changing tense and attempting to fix my contractions, you bunch of numbnutz.

Google auto-complete is also super aggressive. I type "a" and it suggests "Asian ass Appreciation." I'm sure something is broken.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on Copeg shoes and why they apparently command such a high price? The pegging on the sole is... nice, but one of these pairs is priced close to MTO Vass, so I’m not exactly a motivated (or even interested) buyer.

View attachment 1395488

Copegs are cool and I would love a pair. But the guy in the top two listing always uses the same blanket background and it always WAY too expensive. I think he lives off the "Got to have it and money is no object" guy. I would not use him to judge fair market value.

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toothbrush is a great idea. On a pair of winter boots, I used an old brush that used to scrub my bathroom sinks and tub. The bristle was tough and artificial. When I brushed against my skin, it would cause abrasions.

So I used it to clean my winter boots. Worked like a charm. Give this a try.
I just use my wife's tooth brush.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1395488

He always prices high that bloke like some other sellers do.

mormonopoly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1395488
They do not command prices anywhere near this.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Copegs are cool and I would love a pair. But the guy in the top two listing always uses the same blanket background and it always WAY too expensive. I think he lives off the "Got to have it and money is no object" guy. I would not use him to judge fair market value.
I’ve wondered for years if he actually sells anything. Some of those listings have been recycled over and over. The prices are nuts.

mormonopoly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve wondered for years if he actually sells anything. Some of those listings have been recycled over and over. The prices are nuts.
There was one pair of shoes on eBay that I lost a bidding war on. I was very disappointed, but the price got too high. Shortly after, I learned that he had been the winning bidder because he listed them. For $30,000. They had sold for just over $300 at auction. Needless to say, few things in life have taunted me so badly as that listing.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lockdown is easing up a bit.
It was a long day on my feet at work, so I put on my John McHales for the job.

Hm. I think I need to do some cleaning and conditioning on these this weekend.

20200526.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great minds think alike.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads