• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mormonopoly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do these qualify as vintage? Kinda/sorta... not 100% sure how old these are but they aren't that recent and the shell color is quite lovely. Not mine.

They would be around the 2000s. I don’t consider that vintage, but others may.

Buckeye20012001

Reaction score
Fellows, is there anything I can do to correct/minimize the bulging when put on the shoes?
8AC614D0-55FD-40C7-AFBA-C1D7A903E507.jpeg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
They would be around the 2000s. I don’t consider that vintage, but others may.

That was roughly my guess as well. In my opinion, these are made to a higher standard than current (or even recent) AE judging by the stitch density. I'd much rather have these than a pair of recent shell patriots... but they aren't my size so it's academic. A bit expensive maybe but the color is what mainly caught my eye.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, what do you think is the best way to hydrate leather? A glycerin solution?
I would just use lots of Bick4. You could try glycerin given how dry they seem.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Resipsaloquitor

Reaction score
i didn’t notice the shoes. I was too busy checking out the cars and enjoying the show! It’s great. The focus on BTK is pretty freaky because I lived in Wichita for 15 years and was there when he was captured and sentenced. He was (obviously) a very disturbed person. The length of time he was active and then the LONG period where was inactive before he was caught is very unusual.

My wife met him once when he was the dog catcher in Park City, Kansas. It was during his inactive time.
Funny but scary memory; I was a paperboy just outside of Wichita during the whole BTK era and remember folding papers alone outside on a porch at Zero Dark Thirty with the front page bold headline "BTK Kills Again" on every one of the 60+ papers I folded...talk about freaky memories for a young but bold teenager!

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks to be a custom model. I’ve never seen this model with the Florsheim rubber heel instead of the v cleat.

they are definitely custom. The name inside means they were MTO.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we have been talking about dry Shell and repair I have some I need suggestions for.

I bought these about 18 months ago. They have very little wear. They looked great in the pictures and in person UNTIL I put them on and walked. When they flex, there is a very small split. But, it is on a seam, so I am not sure if I am out of luck.

5A19CC88-69F4-4F6B-B778-890DD1BA93BF.jpeg
80F6AA42-7B53-4DFA-8303-109DDF116250.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads