• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw those up for sale on eBay. Too bad they aren’t my size.
Yeah, my duck feet and I can't even look at B widths. I'll have to let these move on to someone sleeker of foot. And a couple steps shorter too!

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my new favorites today — Footjoy LWB. These are tanks. And barely worn, so having to break them in. Very stiff.

966B08C1-94DD-4DDA-BA68-45CED8A600CC.jpeg

AF83CA6E-F6F9-4443-A8A2-EDC46CAA0927.jpeg

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
93605s today. These two look they they came from different parents... color and shine have never been similar. I suppose it’s part of the charm.
0D823E15-1CFE-436A-8D49-B36BC2BD1766.jpeg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
To those of you who are sticklers about vintage shoes in the vintage thread, please excuse the below. I found an extremely unusual shoe that I thought one of you might enjoy given the varied tastes in the group. These are pretty darn cool and I would be interested if they were my size, which as usual they arent. Typical disclaimer, not mine... etc.

In desperate need of a proper pair of laces but that's easily rectified.

davidVC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe it was from the 1960s and from the old Alden Brockton factory but that's a guess.

You can see the same logo in this article:

Robert Kirk LTD apparently was in business until 1971.

Some of the pre-1970s Alden pairs have C.H. Alden stamped on the outsole or foot bed.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been off the shoe beat lately; I'm going to go a little off topic here, indulge me. I stumbled on these Sony MDR-7506 studio reference monitor headphones. They are audiophile quality and the standard for use in recording studios because of their accuracy. I've thrifted half a dozen pairs over the years, and suggest that if you see them at thrift price, buy them. I've been using these personally for many years and have passed along pairs to each of my kids, and they like them too. They're about $80 retail so not a budget-buster either if thrifting isn't appealing.
IMG_1863.jpeg

They get great reviews, too.

Then I paired them up to the best sounding Apple iPod of all time, the Fifth Generation Enhanced 5.5 with the Wolfson WM8758 DAC (Digital Audio Converter) chip that I bought on eBay this week at thrift price. The Wolfson DAC is used in high end CD players and briefly in this late 2006 vintage iPod Classic. These things sound incredible.
41D67AA4-BA07-4E91-992C-D40ED12E950A.jpeg

Last edited:

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been off the shoe beat lately; I'm going to go a little off topic here, indulge me. I stumbled on these Sony MDR-7506 studio reference monitor headphones. They are audiophile quality and the standard for use in recording studios because of their accuracy. I've thrifted half a dozen pairs over the years, and suggest that if you see them at thrift price, buy them. I've been using these personally for many years and have passed along pairs to each of my kids, and they like them too. They're about $80 retail so not a budget-buster either if thrifting isn't appealing.
View attachment 1341009

Then I paired them up to the best sounding Apple iPod of all time, the Fifth Generation Enhanced 5.5 with the Wolfson WM8758 DAC (Digital Audio Converter) chip that I bought on eBay this week at thrift price. The Wolfson DAC is used in high end CD players and briefly in this late 2006 vintage iPod Classic. These things sound incredible.
View attachment 1341012
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep a lookout for some. I'll have to respectfully disagree on the digital music machine, however. (Mostly) analog guy here, though I do have a CD player hooked up to my '60s stereo amplifier. Or I did until the laser on the CD player died and I decided that the amp needs new capacitors, so I disconnected everything and now live life at home music-free.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1341009

View attachment 1341012

I’m not an audio connoisseur, but curious about this.

I once bought a pair of Audio Technica (I think) studio monitor headphones for use video shoots and editing because I wanted to be able to check audio quality more accurately.

However, I found them horrible for music because they lacked bass and had really pronounced mid-tones for “clarity”.

What kind of music do you listen to? Wondering if there is any relevance. When I had these monitor headphones I was listening to pop (I’ve since changed musical tastes) where bass was fairly important.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-15. Time for Golden Harvest.
IMG_20200221_0731151.jpg
IMG_20200221_0731217.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads