• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hanover L. B. Sheppard PTBs.

These have some water staining is like to try to remedy. Has anyone had luck with the full soak or glycerin treatment to remove water stains from shell cordovan?

View attachment 1335969
Try this: Damp towel, and scrub at the water spots. Let dry. Then apply Bick 4. Lots of vigourous brushing in between.

Others swear by Collonil 1909 for conditioner, which apparently helps prevent water marks.

These aren’t surface water spots, but deep stains in the leather.

8866C7A3-7788-4878-B594-8F825DD4C404.jpeg

FA74C4CE-F5F2-400E-A14E-8EB93DFF25CF.jpeg

43595D7C-E864-4AB2-B6E4-7EFF4ABF5D35.jpeg

HalfHuskyBite

Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try this: Damp towel, and scrub at the water spots. Let dry. Then apply Bick 4. Lots of vigourous brushing in between.

Others swear by Collonil 1909 for conditioner, which apparently helps prevent water marks.
I am among those who swear by Collonil. After each wear on my shells I take an old tshirt and put a very tiny dab - I mean hardly any - of Collonil and buff the entire shoe with that dab. I don’t let it dry or brush the shoes. I buff with that tiny bit of Collonil, which cleans the shell and leaves an amazing glow.

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: Glazed replacement shoelaces are on clearance from Allen Edmonds. $0.97, less 25%, for a final cost of $0.73.

The Apostle

Reaction score
I am among those who swear by Collonil. After each wear on my shells I take an old tshirt and put a very tiny dab - I mean hardly any - of Collonil and buff the entire shoe with that dab. I don’t let it dry or brush the shoes. I buff with that tiny bit of Collonil, which cleans the shell and leaves an amazing glow.
Which Collonil? I see 2 different conditioners and 1 balm on Amazon.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: Glazed replacement shoelaces are on clearance from Allen Edmonds. $0.97, less 25%, for a final cost of $0.73.

Shipping is $8.95 for standard ground. At $0.73, I’d have to buy a dozen pairs of odd colors to even match the shipping cost.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2020 shoe revival challenge. Here are my initial thoughts (taking into account follies and successes from the first two).

Ground rules:

1. 6 months to complete the work;
2. No monetary limit, but shoes must need revival;
3. Emphasize work of enthusiasts rather than amateur cobbler (e.g. reviving leather, rather than say replacing a sole).

Initial phase of competition:

Popular voting. Some cobblers will be offering prizes to encourage voting.

Final phase of competition:

Top 10-15 move on to final round. A panel of judges will then pick top 3 finishers.

--------------------------------

I think the above format will draw back enthusiasts. And encourage participation in the voting round. Once the popularity contest ends, it will be up to the panel. Kind of like a jury trial, and then appeal to the Supreme Court. Yeah. I like that.

Your thoughts, criticisms, and feedback will always be appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads