• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

davidVC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I finished my challenge shoes that I gave up on for the 2019 restoration. Changed phones and lost my original pictures of the busted dark brown 93602s. There are some pics from the process on page 1477. My daughter wanted Christmas Florsheims so this is where they ended up. Pretty pleased with the sole and heels.
Hopefully 2020 will SLOW DOWN and I will have hobby time again. Happy Weekend Gents!
View attachment 1298584 View attachment 1298585
Those are really cool. Reminds me of the 1950's Florsheim. Like this one one the VSA website

florsheimoriginalboat1.jpg

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a pair that I eventually moved for poor fit but they are really kickass shoes.
I decided to pass. I have another pair of nearly new Florsheim golden harvest-ish custom order LWBs that I might dye dark brown. I can’t decide what to do with them. I need your help. I originally bought them to flip. They were $40 shipped. The color is in between a 93602 and a 93631. Here are the three side by side.
3F2724A2-87E4-4A9E-BAF2-839408A17D76.jpeg

Here’s the model number. Again, I think these were a custom shoe.
1092CFEF-DCE9-455A-989B-6DB4EE236E02.jpeg

Here’s the color I’m thinking of dying them (Fiebings moccasin brown). I dyed these bison Florsheim cap toes that very color.
6365275E-35D4-41BF-B168-FB1A0922E02E.jpeg

Ideas?

Last edited:

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to pass. I have another pair of nearly new Florsheim golden harvest-ish custom order LWBs that I might dye dark brown. I can’t decide what to do with them. I need your help. I originally bought them to flip. They were $40 shipped. The color is in between a 93602 and a 93631. Here are the three side by side. View attachment 1298888
Here’s the model number:
View attachment 1298887
Here’s the color I’m thinking of dying them (Fiebings moccasin brown). I dyed these bison Florsheim cap toes that very color. View attachment 1298889

Ideas?
Before going that dark, I suggest you consider walnut or chili if you don't have those colors already,

Last edited:

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before going that dark, I suggest you consider walnut or chili if you don't have those colors already,
Thanks. The shoes on the right were sort of chili when I dyed them. I think the darker undertones made them dark. When they are in the light you can see brown and red tone show through. I’m trying to figure out what Angelus or Fiebings dye would come close to chili.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never been a boot guy. I've always associated them with winter given my environment. In the last few years, I bought a pair of English made Dr. Martens, Wolverine boots for yard work, Wolverine 1000 Miles, Salvatore Ferragamos, and now the pair of Red Wing classic mocs courtesy of @CWOyaji .

I do also have a pair of Kamik Williams as my main winter footwear along with rubber overshoes and overboots for work days.

My Red Wings were sent to a cobbler in Minnesota. He is low tech, long winded, but skilled.

The cobbler has put them into the snail mail system, and on the way back.

Enjoy the pics so far. Lots of work was done - welt had to be re-adjusted, new cork, new insoles, and Vibram soles applied.

I look forward to joining the boot club.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@suitforcourt is bankrolling a very worthy project. For those new to the story, here was the status quo pro ante on that pair.

To reunite them, I had to nearly empty one of the deep bins you can see piled up on the left here which was 2/3 filled.

But from this will come a redemption story worthy of being recycled into a jury summation. I know it can be done. By the way, these black Banister captoes made their way from the depths of The Bins to the luxurious green velvet of Classic Shoes For Men. Another redemption story!

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads