• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are some of the private label opportunities out there? C & J for RL and Alden for BB Peal & Co. are the ones that come immediately to mind. I imagine there are others. It seems those private label items occasionally sell at prices significantly below the Alden and C & J branded ones.
AE for Wolverine.

Chippewa for LL Bean.

mormonopoly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some 1950s Mansfield blue ventilated spectators. I don't often see ventilated longwings.
IMG_0146.JPG
IMG_0147.JPG
IMG_0148.JPG
IMG_0149.JPG

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are some of the private label opportunities out there? C & J for RL and Alden for BB Peal & Co. are the ones that come immediately to mind. I imagine there are others. It seems those private label items occasionally sell at prices significantly below the Alden and C & J branded ones.
Stuart McGuire is worth a look since some of their shoes were made by Hanover. And all the minor MIUSA brands listed on Vcleat.com are worth looking at, for example Keith Highlander and Phi Bates.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Modded 93702s today…
IMG_6262.jpeg
IMG_6261.jpeg
IMG_6260.jpeg
IMG_6259.jpeg

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J for Peal and Co too. AE makes Brooks Brother's shoes.

memoriastoica

Reaction score
Looks like shell to me. Geeez those are incredible. What’s the story behind them?
These appear to be shell cordovan British Walkers manufactured by J.P. Smith Shoe Company. They seem to have a double welt and five rows of stitching on the captoes and along the vamp. I am not sure of the date but they seem to be from the 1940s or 1950s given the "Synchro-Flex" stamp on the soles. Maybe someone here can date them more accurately.

1718257196735.png

1718257217462.png

1718257234037.png

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These appear to be shell cordovan British Walkers manufactured by J.P. Smith Shoe Company. They seem to have a double welt and five rows of stitching on the captoes and along the vamp. I am not sure of the date but they seem to be from the 1940s or 1950s given the "Synchro-Flex" stamp on the soles. Maybe someone here can date them more accurately.

View attachment 2199537
View attachment 2199539
View attachment 2199541
Holy smokes, those are fantastic. I'm not trying to make lightening strike twice (the first strike being the J&M Hand Made 100s you sold me), but if these don't fit you and you think they'd fit me, well, you know...

I HIGHLY recommend Pure Polish cordovan cream to hydrate them. It's a new product. It absorbs into and and hydrates cordovan better than anything I've used, include neatsfootoil. I had a very dry pair of shell PTBs, and the cream completely brought them back to life. A little goes a long way.

memoriastoica

Reaction score
Holy smokes, those are fantastic. I'm not trying to make lightening strike twice (the first strike being the J&M Hand Made 100s you sold me), but if these don't fit you and you think they'd fit me, well, you know...

I HIGHLY recommend Pure Polish cordovan cream to hydrate them. It's a new product. It absorbs into and and hydrates cordovan better than anything I've used, include neatsfootoil. I had a very dry pair of shell PTBs, and the cream completely brought them back to life. A little goes a long way.
If they don't fit me, I'll keep you in mind. ;)

Good looking out on the Pure Polish cordovan cream. I'll buy now.

actionjbone

Reaction score
If they don't fit me, I'll keep you in mind. ;)

Good looking out on the Pure Polish cordovan cream. I'll buy now.
Interesting! I'd always wondered who made these shell shortwings for Barrie Ltd. Based on the stitching and eyelets in your photos, there's a decent chance they're C&J.

Barrie went out of business a while back, so there's no way for me to check with them. :(

Attachments

• IMG_20240612_215659342.jpg
    IMG_20240612_215659342.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 24

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members