• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raimar

Reaction score
Probably wasn't the brightest idea to bring these Stetsons out when there was chance of rain.

IMG_6573.JPG

Satoman1

Reaction score
Did some restoration work on this pair of Vintage Apollo (Heinrich Dinkelacker) today. I'm quite satisfied with the results.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20240223135748108_COVER2_expor.jpg
done~2.jpg

Last edited:

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up this pair recently in 10C which is a half size smaller than my last. I fit in both fine. Is that common? I technically measure 10 and heel to ball is about 10.5 with shorter toes.
IMG_3857.jpeg
IMG_3858.jpeg

Also do these laces look funky? I have normal thing waxed ones I could swap in.

Last edited:

actionjbone

Reaction score
Picked up this pair recently in 10C which is a half size smaller than my last. I fit in both fine. Is that common? I technically measure 10 and heel to ball is about 10.5 with shorter toes.

Very common.

I'm a 10.5D or a 9.5EEE.

I bought my vintage Florsheim shell PTBs from a fellow in this thread, and they are marked size 9B. I wasn't expecting to keep them, but then I discovered they fit me very well - just a tiny bit snug around the ball of the foot.

I know you're a fellow DC-ite. I'll periodically flip through vintage lots at the area Uniques and 2A, and I'll try stuff on even if it's not my size.

Just today, at the Unique/Value Village double-store off 495, I bought a pair of gray Italian Hanover loafers labeled 12. They almost fit.

Where'd you find that pair? I remember seeing one like that at the Planet Aid over by MOM's. I have plenty of brown LWBs, so I passed on them. Curious if that could be the same pair!

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very common.

I'm a 10.5D or a 9.5EEE.

I bought my vintage Florsheim shell PTBs from a fellow in this thread, and they are marked size 9B. I wasn't expecting to keep them, but then I discovered they fit me very well - just a tiny bit snug around the ball of the foot.

I know you're a fellow DC-ite. I'll periodically flip through vintage lots at the area Uniques and 2A, and I'll try stuff on even if it's not my size.

Just today, at the Unique/Value Village double-store off 495, I bought a pair of gray Italian Hanover loafers labeled 12. They almost fit.

Where'd you find that pair? I remember seeing one like that at the Planet Aid over by MOM's. I have plenty of brown LWBs, so I passed on them. Curious if that could be the same pair!
Hey! I go to that location also on occasion. These were from the bay though so no clue. I don’t find much in my size range usually.

We should keep an eye out for each other though.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
93602s today…
IMG_5638.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Saturday forum pals.

IMG_3692.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Beautiful shoes. What is the brand?

Thanks. Hanover. These are their LB Sheppard Signature line. LB was their president and their best quality.

Satoman1

Reaction score
Can't find Yuma in shell. So maybe suede is okay :p

PXL_20240225_141526533~2.jpg

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Sunday forum pals. Some of the other diners will obviously be envious of these stylish Golden Harvest Florsheims.

IMG_3694.jpg

actionjbone

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads