• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ZePrez

Reaction score
Could you have trained yourself to wear shoes that are too tight? Does your big toe joint look prominent in the shoe? Of course there will be a lot of variations with shoe lasts but I’m just guessing here.
Nope... very sensitive feet, can't tolerate tight shoes... Throughout the years no bunions, corns or hammer toes... I've been lucky , perhaps. A bit flat footed though.

I am just curious about the discrepancy. I have settled on 9E as my size, but also am comfortable wearing 9.5D or E, if needs be, mostly old shoes I've had or vintage.. Not 10 though, that size, flexes, in an awkward fashion on my foot...

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
@Hotel Cali. That’s a great color and relatively rare by comparison!
Thanks.

I like the bourbon more than the golden harvest. I think it is less jarring and more versatile.

The 'Windsor calf' is also good. It is coated but doesn't crease much. I feel it gives a shell cordovan vibe.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strangely, my fat feet mostly stay in the 11.5 eee to 12 eee range. I can sometimes wear 11.5 e or 12 e.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keith Highlander shell LWB. These are a C-width, so I have to wear thick socks.

8E21F1FF-A6A1-4583-B154-EA532F95AFAC.jpeg

ojaw

Reaction score
Asked same question in Dacks thread, hope that’s okay…

Hey all, some cobbler advice please.

I’d like to resole (GYW) the nice-ish pair of LWs I picked up a ways back and am looking at recommendations for the required work. Preferred in Winnipeg (hah), followed by Canadian options. The resole will be full rubber, serious grip needed! For that reason I guess I don’t really need an artisan, yet I’m loathe to hand them over to someone who doesn’t actually do that kind of work, as I hope whoever is really good would put the same care into the job no matter how fancy or basic the shoe.

Thanks!

davidVC

Reaction score
If you can get measured again - be sure to get the heel to ball measurement, not just the heel to toe measurement. They can be, and often are, different from each other.
I agree. That's the most important measurement.

I usually wear a 11.5D in an Imperial but 11.5C and 12C fit okay. A 11D Standmok fits me well. My Nike sneakers are 12.5. And my KISS Starchild Boots are a 12.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Asked same question in Dacks thread, hope that’s okay…

Hey all, some cobbler advice please.

I’d like to resole (GYW) the nice-ish pair of LWs I picked up a ways back and am looking at recommendations for the required work. Preferred in Winnipeg (hah), followed by Canadian options. The resole will be full rubber, serious grip needed! For that reason I guess I don’t really need an artisan, yet I’m loathe to hand them over to someone who doesn’t actually do that kind of work, as I hope whoever is really good would put the same care into the job no matter how fancy or basic the shoe.

Thanks!

Andrew Morden at Ambros in Saskatoon and Martin Sugg at at Timeless in Thunder Bay are closest to you.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andrew Morden at Ambros in Saskatoon and Martin Sugg at at Timeless in Thunder Bay are closest to you.
I like the way ‘Saskatoon’ sounds but never been there. I have been to a few other Provinces though. (Sorry no shoe info here)

ojaw

Reaction score
I like the way ‘Saskatoon’ sounds but never been there. I have been to a few other Provinces though. (Sorry no shoe info here)
I like the way Saskatoon berries taste!
I lived a little north of there in the early 70s, always enjoyed going to the big town. Been back a few times since, it still is charming with the usual caveats associated with city life.

ojaw

Reaction score
Is there a way to get a hold of Mr Sugg without using phone or Friend Face? Don’t have long distance but will call if no other option.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a vintage violation. But, Saddle Shoes are certainly vintage inspired. They are from Ealdwine (an Alden retailer). They were a custom makeup for the store.

The Fayetteville in snuff and blue suede.

Avert your eyes if the violation hurts you.

D40F23EE-5C7B-4189-85FE-70F06EB9795A.jpeg
4DCFC1CC-B238-4508-A618-D3A2974C215C.jpeg

heathenist

Reaction score
Suede shoes are desperately missing from my collection.

not counting skate shoes…

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valentina Calzature