• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

davidVC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Information on Bostonian logos would be useful. I just picked up some Bostonian PTH and could recognize it by some of the stitching and the arrangement of the size and style lettering. The insole had a VERY faint log that included "IAN" that helped lead me to conclude it was Bostonian. It was certainly a different logo than seen on @MattRiv shoes seen earlier.
I don't have much info on Bostonian logos. I have a couple old Bostonian catalogs but they are from the 1960s. The color on @MattRiv PTBs looks great.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Time for some shell long wing Florsheims from 1990. These are 97626 and were the replacement for the 93605.

vijayagopalp

Reaction score
Hello members need your expert insights, I recently purchased Hanover L B Sheppard Shell LWBs from eBay, they are gorgeous pair of shoes and have full leather heels with v-cleats. Which I have not seen on Hanover shells, I have 3 Hanover shells and they all have rubber heels. Help me to find the age of these shoes...pictures

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello members need your expert insights, I recently purchased Hanover L B Sheppard Shell LWBs from eBay, they are gorgeous pair of shoes and have full leather heels with v-cleats. Which I have not seen on Hanover shells, I have 3 Hanover shells and they all have rubber heels. Help me to find the age of these shoes...pictures

No idea on the age, but those shoes are beautiful.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Time to break out the Florsheim Imperial Long wings this week. These USA made shoes, style 93604, are just super quality and can be found on Ebay for around $100 in good condition.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a pair of vintage Florsheim Imperial Kenmoor country grain LWBs from eBay for $75. They were delivered today and I can't believe the shape that they are in.

Here are some pics after a quick clean up.

Really excited about these. Marked 93602.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Picked up a pair of vintage Florsheim Imperial Kenmoor country grain LWBs from eBay for $75. They were delivered today and I can't believe the shape that they are in.

Here are some pics after a quick clean up.

Really excited about these. Marked 93602.

Those are really nice. I keep looking for the same country grain in my size and I just find the occasional black. What a really nice buy. Give a fit and comfort report after you have them out for the day.

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just took delivery of a NOS pair of 93605's (Florsheim #8 LWB). They are absolutely gorgeous and my first pair of vintage Florsheim's. I haven't had a chance to photograph them yet, but I will surely post some pics here when I do!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just took delivery of a NOS pair of 93605's (Florsheim #8 LWB). They are absolutely gorgeous and my first pair of vintage Florsheim's. I haven't had a chance to photograph them yet, but I will surely post some pics here when I do!
Well....we're waiting.
lurker[1].gif

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are really nice. I keep looking for the same country grain in my size and I just find the occasional black. What a really nice buy. Give a fit and comfort report after you have them out for the day.

They are awesome. They weren't even broken in by the previous owner, so these will be all my own. The construction is incredible, on par with Alden. The interior leather is not glove soft as my 93605s, but very similar to what AE is using. The last works extremely well with my foot and runs a bit tighter than the 93605, but that might change as they break in.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
Those are beautiful shoes and you are right to be thrilled. I checked out the additional pictures on the Ebay listing and they were made in January 1981. These fine shoes serve as a benchmark to show, with the exception of a few companies, how far quality has slipped in the last 35 years. Unless you are 20, these shoes will last longer than you will.
cheers.gif

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you @smfdoc. The date code is AB. Does that not mean January '82?

The months start at A for January, and so on. The years start with A for 0, such as 1980. So AB would be January and a year that ends in 1. Your v cleat is inset into the heel, which occurred in 1973. So the AB could not be for 1971. Florsheim made the 93605 from 1960 to 1988. So the only "1" year available for your shoes is 1981. After 1988 they changed the style number to 97626 and added the designation "Royal" to the shoe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads