• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While cruising Ebay I checked out a pair where the owner mentioned he is selling his "entire collection" of vintage shoes. If he is collecting (versus flipping) he does have some nicer shoes in the bunch. Various sizes so they are not his personal wearing collection. No connection to me, but here is the link.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the interest of acquiring vintage shoes made in Wisconsin,I just picked up these Freeman Bootmakers Guild long wings made in Beloit,Wis. It appears that they are made from Corfam™️,a synthetic “Space Age” faux leather developed by DuPont in the late 60’s(an article on it is featured in @davidVC ‘s site). Freeman was among several companies that made shoes from the material which,though plastic,actually “breathes” and is maintained by wiping with a damp cloth. DuPont spent a fortune in R&D and anticipated great things for Corfam,therefore instead of a cheap plastic shoe,they are well made with v-cleats,leather welts,double soles etc. Unlike the fake shell look of new corrected grain shoes,they don’t have a coating that cracks with wear. Some pics View attachment 1739559 View attachment 1739560 View attachment 1739561 View attachment 1739562 View attachment 1739563

Welcome to the CORFAM family!! Perfect shoes for a rainy day.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOS CORFAM vcleats for 13D.

Not my shoes; not my listing.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy wingtip Wednesday. I’m having lunch with my sister. Whenever she sees me, she says ‘you look like a pimp’. I said ‘I don’t think you know what a pimp looks like’. More of a 1950s to 1960s look, actually.
4B23BF3E-F4CB-4F1F-BE49-CDC8D1B19547.jpeg

Commisar

Reaction score
All, these went off to a cobbler for a resole/reheel. Florsheim Royal Imperial Longwings in Cordovan. Uppers looked A ok except the right shoe had matching pinholes on the are JUST under the facings. See image. This doesn't look like a shoe killing issue and if it was it probably would have done something a few decades ago right?

Attachments

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I asked about this previously for the first appointment.

My wife and I are going to be on a TV show (Disney+/Nat Geo) about our dog that is getting a prosthetic for her leg. We have filmed part of it already. It’s really about the dog but they interviewed us and filmed us interacting with the dog. I wore my Golden Harvests last time just for fun not realizing that they were in a lot of the shots.

We are going back for part 2. They want us to dress semi casual — meaning jeans. I can’t decide if I should stick with the GH, or switch it up.

Choices are:
GH
Suede LWB
Alden suede Ranger Moc
Alden CXL LWB.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conversion by Pablo Hadarits of Dimar in Guelph Ontario.

These are vintage LWBs sold by Sibleys of Detroit. They were manufactured by Dexter.

These will join my indoor work from home collection. I find wedge soles to be incredibly comfortable and supportive.

FB_IMG_1642625021125.jpg
FB_IMG_1642625025420.jpg
FB_IMG_1642625030533.jpg
FB_IMG_1642625036929.jpg

Last edited:

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My wife and I are going to be on a TV show (Disney+/Nat Geo) about our dog that is getting a prosthetic for her leg. We have filmed part of it already. It’s really about the dog but they interviewed us and filmed us interacting with the dog. I wore my Golden Harvests last time just for fun not realizing that they were in a lot of the shots.

We are going back for part 2. They want us to dress semi casual — meaning jeans. I can’t decide if I should stick with the GH, or switch it up.

Choices are:
GH
Suede LWB
Alden suede Ranger Moc
Alden CXL LWB.
How about going with the Alden CXL LWBs this time?
They are enough of a change from the Golden Harvests to be noticeable from a distance, work well with jeans, and perfect for the farm.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Choices are:
GH
Suede LWB
Alden suede Ranger Moc
Alden CXL LWB.
1 vote for suede lwb.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a great fun making my homemade GH Florsheims. It is clear that none of the other versions are going to fall into my lap, so I purchased another pair of 96302s for some dye work. I will be deciding between blue, green or attempting to make a weather moss. If they turn out well they may get some new soles and heels. That is to be determined.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 5.54.49 PM.png

But maybe a more practical color would be the Chestnut of the 93639.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 6.05.51 PM.png

Last edited:

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Choices are:
GH
Suede LWB
Alden suede Ranger Moc
Alden CXL LWB.
Line the shoes up and let the dog choose.

Featured Sponsor

Where do you usually take inspiration for your style? Choose up to 3 answers

• Styleforum & other menswear forums

• Instagram

• TikTok

• Reddit

• Fashion Magazines

• Fashion Blogs

• Friends & Acquaintances

• Celebrities/influencers

• TV Shows & Movies

Results are only viewable after voting.